E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Japan will not field 100 kilo athletes at worlds

afulldeck
    afulldeck

Japan will not field 100 kilo athletes at worlds Empty Japan will not field 100 kilo athletes at worlds

Post by afulldeck Thu May 01, 2014 4:57 am

"Now, prospects have dropped so low for the country in the men’s 100-kilogram weight class that, for the first time ever, Japan will not even field an entry in the division at the world championships in August..."

http://the-japan-news.com/news/article/0001246895
    overthehill

Japan will not field 100 kilo athletes at worlds Empty Re: Japan will not field 100 kilo athletes at worlds

Post by overthehill Mon May 05, 2014 4:19 pm

japan had two excellent chances with takagi and haga, both from tokai.
    they both sustained very serious injuries which neither have been able to fully recover from.

they were both so incredibly good as juniors, much like mathew baker is now.
    i wonder if it was a mistake to have them competing at such a high level at such a young age.
    The_Harvest
    The_Harvest

Japan will not field 100 kilo athletes at worlds Empty Re: Japan will not field 100 kilo athletes at worlds

Post by The_Harvest Tue May 06, 2014 1:35 am

overthehill wrote:japan had two excellent chances with takagi and haga, both from tokai.
    they both sustained very serious injuries which neither have been able to fully recover from.

they were both so incredibly good as juniors, much like mathew baker is now.
    i wonder if it was a mistake to have them competing at such a high level at such a young age.

I agree with you, they are wasting the potential of those two. Especially Haga (wonderful Uchi-Mata) but he is till only 22. I do wonder how it's possible for a judo players to sustain such repetitions of injuries during his 1st and 2nd year of competitions. This reminds me of Ezio Gamba's statement concerning the training methods of the Japanese Judo team. He basically called the too brutal. If the Russian's think that you're training too hard you have to question your training regime.
    Hopefully for the Japanese Aaron-Philipp Wolf will justify the hype surrounding him  in Japan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:22 pm