E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Lord Flashheart has died

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Lord Flashheart has died Empty Lord Flashheart has died

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Jun 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Blackadder's Lord Flasheart, or the absolutely hilarious real-life Rik Mayall has died.

This is so sad.

Mayall's roles were the opposite of political correctness, hilarious like that American hilarious show (MadTV) that did not survive the political correctness censors.

Here are some highlights from Blackadder in which you will also recognize Rowan Atkinson and the young Dr. Greg House.

In addition to Black Adder, Mayall was also hilarious in Bottom.
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Lord Flashheart has died Empty Re: Lord Flashheart has died

Post by Jonesy Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:17 pm

Rik Mayall was a comic genius. He, more than anyone, personified the alternative comedy movement in the UK in the 1980s and the reaction to Thatcher's Britain.

His characters were unforgettable - Kevin Turvey, Rick in the Young Ones, Alan B'startd MP (largest majority in the House of Commons) and of course the peerless Lord Flashart in his various generational incarnations in Black Adder.

He was 56, but had had a terrible quad bike accident some 10 years ago which left him with epilepsy and needing daily medication, however, few at the time expected him to have survived that crash at all.  As yet, his death is unexplained.

Very sad - he was one of me and my wife's favourites.  RIP Rick Mayall. Today the sun shines a little less brightly.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:08 am

I need say no more than what Jonesy has written.
    Very sad. Also one of my favourites. I grew up alongside all his characters.
    A bona fide comic genius.
    Light up the heavens Rik. You will be missed greatly by all your family and fans around the world.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:33 pm