E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Cichorei Kano
Emanuele2
6 posters

Tai chi chuan vs judo

Emanuele2

Tai chi chuan vs judo Empty Tai chi chuan vs judo

Post by Emanuele2 Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:53 am

Enjoy and feel free to comment this video.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Tai chi chuan vs judo Empty Re: Tai chi chuan vs judo

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:22 am

Not much to comment than that it is obviously fake. The jûdôka intentionally does not coordinate his actions, and does not follow through. The jûdôka is not used to fight without gripping a jûdôka but surprisingly does not change his grip even when he feels his grip is not effective. Only a dilettant jûdôka or someone who has made a prior agreement would not adapt his grip when he finds that grip is being controlled by the other, or ineffective. The supposed 'attacks' make little or no sense and are not proper to the position take up by the other. When an 'attack' might become sufficiently so that it is already in a "locked" position, the jûdôka stops. Finally there is a remarkable absence of any sutemi or take-downs which would be an obvious choice whe a jûdôka totally fails to move someone unless the opponent totally overclasses him in physical strength. Clear and simple: fake.

To avoid any misunderstanding, I have not said or suggested that the Tai chi master is fake, nor have I said or suggested that Tai chi is fake. What I have said is that the scenario as recorded in this video is fake. Two perfectly able and capable martial artists still can make a completely fake video. Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jim Kelly were able in martial arts, but they were actors too. So, the films they acted in were prescribed scenarios and reality the "bad ones" were actors too, whose necks were not broken, and whose legs and arms were not ripped off their bodies. That's what acting is: fake, and at best performed so professionally that one can't see it's fake.

My suggestion would be for the Tai chi master to step into an MMA ring or cage where people are less inclined to engage in fake scenarios and let's see how it turns out.
    DougNZ

Post by DougNZ Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:21 am

Your review sums up the performance of the majority of martial artists in front of most grading panels.  Twisted Evil 
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Thu Jun 19, 2014 8:26 am

I would have liked it if the judoka were Neil Adams and to see what the outcome would be then.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:02 pm

So fake it made me laugh out loud. Why would any judo school allow this ort of crap to be filmed at their venue????
    The opportunities to throw the taiji master were countless.
    Laughable video.
    Kaji
    Kaji

Post by Kaji Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:01 pm

As someone who has practised both Judo and Taijiquan (both the classical and the water-downed popularised versions), I would like to comment that:

1. I concur with CK sensei that the Judo practitioner in the video did not really try to throw the Taijiquan practitioner.

2. That Taijiquan practitioner did not demonstrate the core principles of Taijiquan.

3. The video clip was from a TV show, most likely filmed with particular objectives.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:04 pm