E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+6
finarashi
classicschmosby
Jihef
forgeron judo
JFTW
Cichorei Kano
10 posters

International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo)

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo) Empty International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo)

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Jun 19, 2014 9:47 am

http://www.fiaj.fr/

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ju_No_Michi
    JFTW

International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo) Empty Re: International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo)

Post by JFTW Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:03 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    http://www.fiaj.fr/

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ju_No_Michi

By clicking above links and Googling some related terms and names (like Igor Correa) I was reminded of the existence of significant quantity of valuable judo texts NOT accessible to non French speakers.
    forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo) Empty Pursuing judo excellence outside of official federations

Post by forgeron judo Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:30 am

It is interesting to note that several French judo pioneers have decided to pursue their ways of delivering an original form of judo such as the one they had learned during the early days of judo transformation from ju jutsu to judo (in Europe and France in particular).  It appears that the political climate existing after thee W.W.2 was responsible for the many rivalries or cessions. The french college des ceintures noires began to assume more authority and control to the dislike of original Kawaishi students who decided to part with the federal association. Igor Correa and Levannier were amongst those who created their own associations which contine to this date to strive for their ideals.
    Igor Correa was very influential with his presentations and associations with Yves Klein and the like. I found in my archives, an interesting book published in 2002 called l"origine du Judo  which contains several interviews with this 8th dan over the course of his last two years as a teacher and were we can follow the development of judo in France.
    Thanks for the post.
    Jihef
    Jihef

International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo) Empty Re: International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo)

Post by Jihef Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:08 pm

forgeron judo wrote:(…)
    an interesting book published in 2002 called l"origine du Judo  which contains several interviews with this 8th dan over the course of his last two years as a teacher and were we can follow the development of judo in France.
    JUNOMICHI L'origine du judo
    … is still in print, and is available here : (Budo Editions, France)
    http://www.budo.fr/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=vmj_estore.tpl&product_id=341&category_id=8&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=6

Highly recommanded, if you can read french.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Thu Oct 16, 2014 7:53 pm

So, does anyone have any person experience with these guys?
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:14 pm

NBK wrote:So, does anyone have any person experience with these guys?
    I don't, I only own the book.
    I promised myself to attend one of their classes while in Paris, f.e. Haven't done it yet, though.
    No
    forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

Post by forgeron judo Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:16 am

I think that one of the more active dojo is the judo club du Marais on Beautreillis in Paris. It is hope that many of the players may still display the mobile style of judo as thought by Correa which himself obtained from practicing with the likes of Hirano,, Beaujean, Michigami etc. I hope you find the Time to expérimente with piles sûre.
    classicschmosby

Post by classicschmosby Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:07 pm

My club in England is partnered with a club in France who's sensei is part of the fiaj, he is very much about technique over strength and his judo feels incredible.
    forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

International Autonomous Ju-no-michi Federation (back to Kanô's original judo) Empty Fortune association

Post by forgeron judo Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:47 pm

I am glad to hear of this proximity. I have trained years ago in France and return occasionally, mainly in the Nice area and enjoy their style of judo. In my travel, I also had the joy of training in Seville Spain under the direction of Michel Novovitch 9th dan who not only teach but display an intelligent judo every time he is on the tatami. We are surrounded by talents all we have to do is seek the right place.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:41 am

NBK wrote:So, does anyone have any person experience with these guys?

How about some video? Quite a bit out there.

Looks pretty normal to me...

finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun May 03, 2015 5:30 pm

Thanks to this thread I bough and read the book

“Junomichi : L'origine du judo : suivi de junomichi do kotoba” Correa, Igor (1919 - 2000); Hanneur, Loïc Le (1955 - ) ; Stéfano, Rudolf Di (1970 - ) ; Bruel, Laurent (1970 - ), Noisy-sur-École, France, Budo éditions, 2010, 207p, ISBN13 9782846172738
    and I was pleasantly surprised.

the book's first part is written as series of short questions (apparently to Igor Correa) and longish answers. This gives much needed additional info to existing sources that tend to look only at the mainstream organizations.  

Igor Correa was part of the leftist sports. Yes in the heydays of McCarthy there was Olympic movement and in many countries "workers" sports movements. It was no accident that also "workers" sports wanted to include Judo.

La Federation sportive et gymnique du travail was a French organization and run by the French Communist party. It empolyed Igor Correa to teach Jud to e.g. workers of the postal and telecommunications L'association sportive de PTT.

It is also important to note that after Soviet union was allowed to attend Olympics the parallelity of "left" and "right" organizations started to crumble. This led to divisions, the orginis of which are hard to understand without prior historical knowledge.

To these fractions enterd Japanese Judoka not understanding that by starting to train this bunch they were labeled "left" or "right".

Igor Correa resisted single national organization and wanted to keep his ideal organization alive. Therefore the fraction junomichi.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Mon May 04, 2015 10:29 am

Thanks for that! All new to me...
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Mon May 04, 2015 5:51 pm

So much for all French judo being the sole domain of the FFJDA. Having lived in France I knew it never was. There is this plus the EFJJT http://www.efjjt.fr. There is also Jokusai Budoin and the International Federation of Nippon Budo for starters.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Tue May 05, 2015 5:02 am

What I really would like to know is; "Which of the Japaneses sensei were branded leftists" i.e. which visited these leftist clubs. It seems that Tokio Hirano did! They probably never understood what divisions there were underneath.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Tue May 05, 2015 8:50 am

finarashi wrote:Thanks to this thread I bough and read the book

“Junomichi : L'origine du judo : suivi de junomichi do kotoba” Correa, Igor (1919 - 2000); Hanneur, Loïc Le (1955 - ) ; Stéfano, Rudolf Di (1970 - ) ; Bruel, Laurent (1970 - ), Noisy-sur-École, France, Budo éditions, 2010, 207p, ISBN13 9782846172738
    and I was pleasantly surprised.

the book's first part is written as series of short questions (apparently to Igor Correa) and longish answers. This gives much needed additional info to existing sources that tend to look only at the mainstream organizations.  

Igor Correa was part of the leftist sports. Yes in the heydays of McCarthy there was Olympic movement and in many countries "workers" sports movements. It was no accident that also "workers" sports wanted to include Judo.

La Federation sportive et gymnique du travail was a French organization and run by the French Communist party. It empolyed Igor Correa to teach Jud to e.g. workers of the postal and telecommunications L'association sportive de PTT.

It is also important to note that after Soviet union was allowed to attend Olympics the parallelity of "left" and "right" organizations started to crumble. This led to divisions, the orginis of which are hard to understand without prior historical knowledge.

To these fractions enterd Japanese Judoka not understanding that by starting to train this bunch they were labeled "left" or "right".

Igor Correa resisted single national organization and wanted to keep his ideal organization alive. Therefore the fraction junomichi.

thanks for the additional information. "leftist" Judo is quite a concept. I have to admit, I first thought about kenka yotsu...
    wdax

Post by wdax Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 pm

finarashi wrote:(...) Igor Correa was part of the leftist sports. Yes in the heydays of McCarthy there was Olympic movement and in many countries "workers" sports movements. It was no accident that also "workers" sports wanted to include Judo.(...)

I never thought about this in the context of judo, but the sports movement in the first part of the 20th century in Europe was heavily class-based. Workers-class, middle-class and upper-class had different clubs with different prefered sports. Typical upper-class sports were for example riding, tennis and golf. Typical workers-class sports were football and boxing, while the middle-class (in Germany) prefered "Turnen" (in english "gymnastics", but in those days included much more). The well known club "Bayer Leverkusen" (run by the chemical company Bayer in their hometown Leverkusen) for example was divided into three different clubs, which are now unified.

Depending on the political circumstances of the different countries the unification of organizations went different ways, but the major influences surely came from olympic movement, better integration of society and public support for sport and the need of umbralla organizations as partners - and (in some cases) of course the interest of political influence on sport development. But this is a different topic.

I´m sure, that those japanese teachers, who resided in Europe, were completely clueless about this.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Wed May 06, 2015 9:27 am

wdax wrote:
    finarashi wrote:(...) Igor Correa was part of the leftist sports. Yes in the heydays of McCarthy there was Olympic movement and in many countries "workers" sports movements. It was no accident that also "workers" sports wanted to include Judo.(...)

I never thought about this in the context of judo, but the sports movement in the first part of the 20th century in Europe was heavily class-based. Workers-class, middle-class and upper-class had different clubs with different prefered sports. Typical upper-class sports were for example riding, tennis and golf. Typical workers-class sports were football and boxing, while the middle-class (in Germany) prefered "Turnen" (in english "gymnastics", but in those days included much more). The well known club "Bayer Leverkusen" (run by the chemical company Bayer in their hometown Leverkusen) for example was divided into three different clubs, which are now unified.

Depending on the political circumstances of the different countries the unification of organizations went different ways, but the major influences surely came from olympic movement, better integration of society and public support for sport and the need of umbralla organizations as partners - and (in some cases) of course the interest of political influence on sport development. But this is a different topic.

I´m sure, that those japanese teachers, who resided in Europe, were completely clueless about this.

I bet if you mixed traditional European class structure with new sports emphasis, plus throw in a bit of union activities, you'd get an indecipherable mix for the Japanese, who were mostly (all?) commoners. And Japan pretty much started without a sports structure, so there was nothing to change.

While Japanese sports history has been well documented, this 'judo history' sounds like a perfect topic for someone that needs a sports history thesis!

NBK

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:20 pm