E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

41-Year old Worcester Judo Club Instructor and Police Officer Duncan Jones tragically dies after teaching judo class

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

41-Year old Worcester Judo Club Instructor and Police Officer Duncan Jones tragically dies after teaching judo class Empty 41-Year old Worcester Judo Club Instructor and Police Officer Duncan Jones tragically dies after teaching judo class

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 am

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/11349301.Tributes_paid_to_judo_loving_police_officer_who_died_after_falling_ill_at_lesson/?ref=var_0

A tragedy took place when Worcester police officer and judo instructor, who died on Wednesday evening July 16, aged just 41, after being taken seriously ill while instructing at Worcester Judo Club. Police is investigating.

If memory serves me well, it was Duncan who in January 2001 while I was passing through Worcester, kindly invited me to teach his evening class. It was one of my most joyful experiences in judo in the UK. He, but also his students  --and I seem to remember that one of them was his son-- were very respectful and polite. It was my first and only visit to their club, which I seem to recall was very close to the Worcester railway station and to my hotel. Over the years I had forgotten his name, but seeing his picture and reading who he was I am quite certain it was he.

My condolences to his family and friends. A good man has left us and way too early.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

41-Year old Worcester Judo Club Instructor and Police Officer Duncan Jones tragically dies after teaching judo class Empty Re: 41-Year old Worcester Judo Club Instructor and Police Officer Duncan Jones tragically dies after teaching judo class

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:41 pm

"Big Dunc was "heart" of Worcester Judo Club"

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/11378323.Big_Dunc_was__heart__of_Worcester_Judo_Club/

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:25 pm