E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Norfolk Virginia Judo

Richard Riehle

Norfolk Virginia Judo Empty Norfolk Virginia Judo

Post by Richard Riehle Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:09 pm

One of my students is moving to Norfolk, Virginia. Does anyone have any information regarding the Judo activities in Norfolk or nearby area? There are some Judo clubs, but it is not clear what the quality might be.
    GregW

Norfolk Virginia Judo Empty Re: Norfolk Virginia Judo

Post by GregW Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:29 am

I used to live in the area, but I'm not familiar with the clubs there now. My sensei runs a club on the Delmarva Peninsula (about two hours away from the Norfolk/Va Beach area) and he takes his students over to Streamline Judo for randori occasionally. They are mostly a recreational club. Their web site is at http://www.streamlinejudo.com/ if you want to contact them.

On the other end of the spectrum, I see that there is a USA Stars club in Virginia Beach, also. We have one of those here in Oklahoma. Former Olympian and Olympic Coach Pat Burris runs the one here in Oklahoma and I suppose he's probably linked with the one in Virginia Beach. His club trains aspiring elite athletes. They produce a lot of people who have competed and ranked nationally. Their web site is https://www.usastarseast.com/.
    NavyRN
    NavyRN

Post by NavyRN Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:31 pm

Did you still need info on Judo in Norfolk?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:26 am