E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Japan's version of Metamoris.

sydvicious
    sydvicious

Japan's version of Metamoris. Empty Japan's version of Metamoris.

Post by sydvicious Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:57 pm

Firstly, my apologies if this in the wrong section. I saw it on another forum and thought I'd share here. Looks pretty interesting and the setting couldn't be any more perfect!

Japan's version of Metamoris. Genki-1
    Jihef
    Jihef

Japan's version of Metamoris. Empty Re: Japan's version of Metamoris.

Post by Jihef Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:32 pm

sydvicious wrote:Firstly, my apologies if this in the wrong section. I saw it on another forum and thought I'd share here. Looks pretty interesting and the setting couldn't be any more perfect!
    Nice video.
    It seems to be from Genki Sudo.  Very Happy

IKKIUCHI wrote:One of the traditional cultures in which Japan can take pride is the great variety of styles and schools of martial art.
    Together with the “techniques”, the spirit of the fair one-to-one fight (ikkuchi) continues unbroken and ceaselessly to be handed down from generation to generation.
    I believe that this hand-to-hand combat (ikkuchi), wherein fighting skills compete and battles are decided before the eyes of the public, is the very essence of martial art.
    sydvicious
    sydvicious

Post by sydvicious Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:44 pm

Jihef wrote:
    sydvicious wrote:Firstly, my apologies if this in the wrong section. I saw it on another forum and thought I'd share here. Looks pretty interesting and the setting couldn't be any more perfect!
    Nice video.
    It seems to be from Genki Sudo.  Very Happy

IKKIUCHI wrote:One of the traditional cultures in which Japan can take pride is the great variety of styles and schools of martial art.
    Together with the “techniques”, the spirit of the fair one-to-one fight (ikkuchi) continues unbroken and ceaselessly to be handed down from generation to generation.
    I believe that this hand-to-hand combat (ikkuchi), wherein fighting skills compete and battles are decided before the eyes of the public, is the very essence of martial art.

I agree. I love Japanses culture and customs, especially regarding Martial Arts. It will be nice if this gets more exposure, as I think it it's better than the "EM-EM-AY" of recent times (my humble opinion of course).

Here are some of the fights from that event:

sydvicious
    sydvicious

Post by sydvicious Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:59 pm

I've actually found some more info:

http://mma-in-asia.com/region/japan/genki-sudo-announces-contestants-ikkiuchi-8-man-grappling-tournament/

Genki Sudo has released the names of competitors in the first Ikkiuchi on August 24, 2014. The 8-man tournament is a mix of top grapplers and MMA fighters.

Ikkiuchi is a jiujitsu competition that is a harkening back to the traditional systems passed down in Japan that have always celebrated such romantic contests as a way to prove oneself. As such, no prize money will be paid.
    Rules will be “Ikkiuchi” jiujitsu rules of a five minute round and a 3 minute extension if no finish.
    The event will be held in the Zenryuji Temple in Adachi on the evening of August 24, 2014.

Yoshinori Takahashi 高橋圭典, Mach Dojo (5-12-1)
    Now at 39 years of age, Takahashi last competed in MMA in 2013. He spent his career in DEEP and Shooto, starting out with 7 losses in a row before he had a spate of good luck. His wins have been grinders.

Ishii Taku 石井拓, Atos
    Taku debuted as a BJJ purple belt under Mendes Brothers at the 2014 Jiu Jistu Priest Cup in a special super fight. He is this year’s Pan Ams gallo purple belt gold medalist. He is 23 years old and has a black belt in judo.

“Iron” Hiroshi Nakamura 中村 浩士, Carpe Diem (16-7-4)
    Nakamura is a Bellator veteran with wins over Imanari, Yoshiro Maeda, and Sage Akao, with an extremely high rate of decisions. He’s a purple belt in BJJ and a black belt in Judo.

Naoyoshi Watanabe 渡辺 直由, Triforce
    Watanabe earned his black belt in BJJ at the beginning of 2014. He was the 2006 European Championships brown belt light weight champion, and he has a huge win over Shinya Aoki back at GI-05.

Akira Hosokawa 細川顕, Alive
    Hosokawa is a BJJ black belt and a very active competitor in Japan, always on the podium in every event, and the Champion at the All Japan 13th anniversary event. He faced Kron Gracie in All Japan back in 2010.

Shunichi Shimizu 清水俊一, Uruno Dojo (28-10-10)
    Shimizu is one of the most active MMA fighters in Japan. He fought once in UFC, then dropped a weight class upon his domestic return. He is a black belt in judo and a blue belt in BJJ.

Kenji Nishimoto 西本健治, Paraestra
    Nishimoto was the number 1 ranked purple belt by the JBJJF in 2013, then awarded his brown belt. At this years’ Japan WPJJC 2014 trials, he placed second in the under 88kg division.

Ryuta Sakurai 桜井 隆多, R-Blood (24-18-6)
    Sakurai is the former DEEP Middleweight Champion with an MMA career spanning 18 years. He has 10 of his wins by submission, and in ten years he has only been submitted by two people: Paulo Filho in PRIDE and KSW Champ Mamed Khalidov.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 am

Nice advertisement ... slick production ... forgive me for counting cliches about Japan and martial arts:

- shamisen music;
    - guys wearing hakama;
    - sumo;
    - guys doing esoteric samurai sword stuff;
    - old-looking art featuring samurai;
    - martial arts in a temple;
    - garden shots with blossoms (wrong season for sakura, but they could have found some archive shots);
    - religious rituals (if those guys were real, they cost a bundle I bet);
    - odaiko (where is the Kodo style fundoshi? if you are going, go all the way!);

Missing? Geisha. Sushi.
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:05 pm

BillC wrote:Missing? Geisha.  Sushi.
    They have been included in the 4 DVD's Exclusive Collector Edition.
    Cool

Pretty nice setting anyway, though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Oct 18, 2024 6:24 pm