E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

Cutting corners to reach the podium

forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

Cutting corners to reach the podium Empty Cutting corners to reach the podium

Post by forgeron judo Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:41 am

After visiting several dojo/training centers and watching videos about training methods currently favored. I came to the conclusion that several important aspects of the judo curriculum are being by-passed for expediting the ascension to greater competitions with the hope that identified skilled/strong judoka can gain more experiences at higher levels and perhaps replicate the skills of champions without due preparation in the basic principles.
    I wrote the attached remark for the benefit of my students and for all those who have concerns about the total development of the judoka.
    Looking forward for your comment.
    Could not upload attachement, you can visualize at WWW.Scribd.com under: judo-Ron 84-Dynamics of judo practices.

Last edited by forgeron judo on Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : add attachment)
    forgeron judo
    forgeron judo

Cutting corners to reach the podium Empty jumping the stepa to stardom..

Post by forgeron judo Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:40 am

Since many readers have difficulties to download my whole article,..here is an abstract of my essay .....
    Commensurate with this approach favoring faster results, the tradition has moved on in many quarters and stables and even today, numerous teachers and coaches are favoring this approach in order to have their student gain victory with every one of their appearances. In their rush to obtain results, some have lost sight of the importance to maintain equilibrium between the new approaches and the teaching of the older aspects of harmony, distance management, dynamic movements for evasion, use of subterfuge, extension of positioning to gain from the addition or diversion of the lines of force etc.
    There is a constant pressure to produce champions and the pool of potential candidates is very limited. Judoka who aspire to become champions need to be identified early and groomed for the future. Unfortunately, the basic and comprehensive training associate to the mastery of all technical skills remains a long adventure. To jump too early in the championship arena has its consequences and among them we well identify an incomplete judoka. A winner he or she may become, but seldom a master of a discipline.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm