E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Jimmy Pedro Interview on Take It Uneasy Podcast

UltraMarathonMan

Jimmy Pedro Interview on Take It Uneasy Podcast Empty Jimmy Pedro Interview on Take It Uneasy Podcast

Post by UltraMarathonMan Wed Dec 24, 2014 5:20 am

I got a chance to sit down for a conversation with Jimmy Pedro, one of the greatest American judo competitors and coaches of all time. He's a world champ, 3x world medalist, Olympic medalist, and he's coached Kayla Harrison, Travis Stevens, Nick Delpopolo, Taraje Williams, Rick Hawn, Rhadi Ferguson, and many others. You can listen to the podcast or watch the full video interview here: http://takeituneasy.com/42

annmaria

Jimmy Pedro Interview on Take It Uneasy Podcast Empty Re: Jimmy Pedro Interview on Take It Uneasy Podcast

Post by annmaria Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:55 pm

Interesting interview. I agreed with a lot of it - visualizing, cycling, the failure of judo to have popular appeal, the lack of a pipeline.

Funny, though, that he said nothing really matched the thrill of competition. For me, many things have matched the excitement of competition. Raising children, founding businesses, teaching graduate school, developing computer games. Competing was great but the last 30 years have been great also.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 5:38 pm