E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Uchi Mata on a Japanese Judoka in the De La Riva Cup BJJ tournament

NavyRN
    NavyRN

Uchi Mata on a Japanese Judoka in the De La Riva Cup BJJ tournament Empty Uchi Mata on a Japanese Judoka in the De La Riva Cup BJJ tournament

Post by NavyRN Mon Dec 21, 2015 10:38 pm

I surprised a Japanese judoka with uchi mata at the De La Riva Cup in Tokyo Japan.  Not the prettiest throw, but it was effective.

tafftaz

Uchi Mata on a Japanese Judoka in the De La Riva Cup BJJ tournament Empty Re: Uchi Mata on a Japanese Judoka in the De La Riva Cup BJJ tournament

Post by tafftaz Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:35 pm

I have certainly seen a lot worse. Nice throw.
    NavyRN
    NavyRN

Uchi Mata on a Japanese Judoka in the De La Riva Cup BJJ tournament Empty Re: Uchi Mata on a Japanese Judoka in the De La Riva Cup BJJ tournament

Post by NavyRN Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:06 am

Thanks Mate
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:21 pm

Nothing wrong with that. Typical opportunity - a stiff opponent that can't move easily to block your outside move.

The followup could have been, in fact a classic basic, to go immediately into kesagatame and from the looks of your opponent you'd have a good shot at pinning him without a struggle. Staying up and looking for another entry just gave him time to counter. IMO.

Of course, since I don't know BJJ rules, that may not have gotten you any points!
    NavyRN
    NavyRN

Post by NavyRN Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:10 am

NBK wrote:Nothing wrong with that.  Typical opportunity - a stiff opponent that can't move easily to block your outside move.

The followup could have been, in fact a classic basic, to go immediately into kesagatame and from the looks of your opponent you'd have a good shot at pinning him without a struggle.  Staying up and looking for another entry just gave him time to counter.  IMO.

Of course, since I don't know BJJ rules, that may not have gotten you any points!

Kesa would be great for judo, but sitting there in a BJJ tournament would get you a stalling penalty.  I opted for side control for the purposes of ease of advancing positions and working submissions.  Thanks for the kind words.
    NittyRanks
    NittyRanks

Post by NittyRanks Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:27 am

I would of out gripped the opponent. To much energy being wasted by him.
    big_budo
    big_budo

Post by big_budo Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:35 am

Looks like you grasped the opportunity when it was presented to you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:05 pm