E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza)

noboru
    noboru

Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza) Empty Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza)

Post by noboru Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:48 pm

【NEWS】Names of Judo Techniques

The Kodokan has used official technique names consisting of 67 Nage-waza and 29 Katame-waza in the past.

After giving further consideration, two techniques of Nage-waza, Obi-tori-gaeshi (Te-waza) and Kouchi-maki-komi (Yoko-sutemi-waza), and three Osaekomi techniques of Katame-waza, Ushiro-kesa-gatame, Uki-gatame and Ura-gatame were added to the existing official technique names as of April 1, 2017.
    One technique, Daki-age (Koshi-waza) was deleted from Nage-waza.

Accordingly, 100 technique names consisting of 68 Nage-waza and 32 Katame-waza are recognized as official technique names.

http://kodokanjudoinstitute.org/news/docs/Names-of-Judo-techniques.pdf

classicschmosby

Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza) Empty Re: Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza)

Post by classicschmosby Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:30 pm

Does anyone know which variation of Obi-Tori-Gaeshi and Uki-Gatame are the "standard" forms being referred to?
    I mainly know Obi-Tori-Gaeshi as a variation of Sumi-Gaeshi/Hikkikomi-Gaeshi, so the classification of Te-Waza over Sutemi-Waza seems odd to me.
    I'm assuming the Uki-Gatame is referring to the hold down from Juji-Gatame and not with Tori kneeling on Uke?
    Udon
    Udon

Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza) Empty Re: Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza)

Post by Udon Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:07 pm

I looked at obi-tori-gaeshi and there seems to be two variations. One is clearly ma-sutemi-waza. The second and the one referred to as te-waza involves Tori taking a over the far shoulder of uke ,a belt grip,
    Then on the same side as the hand holding the belt taking hold of uke's pants and lifting uke up utilizing arm strength ( and tori helps the lifting motion with one of his legs). Up until this point both players are basically face to face and standing. As tori lifts he rotates and throws. Tori may land on uke as the throw is completed. It is clearly a hand technique.
    I'm sure my explanation is confusing. My apologies.
    Best to find an example on YouTube.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:06 am

"Daki-age (Koshi-waza) was deleted from Nage-waza."

So, what's that mean? The technique no longer exists? Or kind of like the Kremlin - it never did exist?
    shin'yu

Post by shin'yu Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:53 am

classicschmosby wrote:Does anyone know which variation of Obi-Tori-Gaeshi and Uki-Gatame are the "standard" forms being referred to?
    I mainly know Obi-Tori-Gaeshi as a variation of Sumi-Gaeshi/Hikkikomi-Gaeshi, so the classification of Te-Waza over Sutemi-Waza seems odd to me.
    I'm assuming the Uki-Gatame is referring to the hold down from Juji-Gatame and not with Tori kneeling on Uke?

judo kyohan arima jushin 1914 uki gatame

Kodokan - list techniques from 1.4.2017 (Nage-waza, Katame-waza) Judo_k10

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 1:49 pm