E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
ThePieman
Judo Dad
6 posters

Judo mats.

Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Judo mats.  Empty Judo mats.

Post by Judo Dad Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:29 pm

I am on the lookout for second hand judo mats. Must be in good condition, Green or Red 2 x 1 metre preferred.
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Judo mats.  Empty Re: Judo mats.

Post by ThePieman Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:57 pm

I have found over that ebay have had a lot of auctions for mats, sometimes at very reasonable prices. If you are not too desperate and are willing to drive to pick them up you should find a bargain there.

For example, here is the first one I came across.

Last edited by ThePieman on Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:25 pm

Your example seems to be missing
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:51 pm

Click the word "here".

Sorry, I should have underlined it to make it more obvious. Mad
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:47 am

I have 40 swain blue for sale in Seattle. These are in great shape. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Judo mats.  Empty Used mats

Post by Judo Dad Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:14 pm

I am based in Victoria Australia, Seattle is a bit far o go even for a bargain! Smile
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Thu Jan 03, 2013 7:36 pm

Judo Dad wrote:I am based in Victoria Australia, Seattle is a bit far o go even for a bargain! Smile

It is a long boat ride Panama canal and all. We also have a set of Dollumar roll outs 13m x 16m they are about 1/3 the weight and come in 6ftx 45ft rolls.
    dollamurmartialarts.com/video/the-art-of-flexirolling-4-judo

Get the check book out Dad, I can sell anything. Very Happy Very Happy
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 am

Roll-outs sound great. How do they compare with traditional 2 x 1 metre mats?
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:40 pm

Two years ago we bought Dollumar mats from Swain sports mats. I never want to touch a tatami again. For our local tournaments we set up 2 10m mat areas, with tatamis it takes 198 tatami eight volunteers to load and move mats and two long hours just to set up. Dollumar mats come in 6ft wide rolls 45ft long about 14 tatami in each roll, they weigh about 25kg you need 16 rolls to make up two mat areas. Three people can unload the truck and set up the mats in 1/2 hour.
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:33 pm

Here is a video of the flexi connect setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knY-cfo20z8
    Blacksmith
    Blacksmith

Post by Blacksmith Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:10 pm

judoratt wrote:Two years ago we bought Dollumar mats from Swain sports mats. I never want to touch a tatami again. For our local tournaments we set up 2 10m mat areas, with tatamis it takes 198 tatami eight volunteers to load and move mats and two long hours just to set up. Dollumar mats come in 6ft wide rolls 45ft long about 14 tatami in each roll, they weigh about 25kg you need 16 rolls to make up two mat areas. Three people can unload the truck and set up the mats in 1/2 hour.

I've had some experience setting these up just as you described for tournaments. Always wondered how they hold up for everyday use? With tatami if you get a tear or something, you can simply replace the bad one(s).

Our dojo is contemplating a new surface, so any input is appreciated.
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:44 pm

judoratt wrote:Here is a video of the flexi connect setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knY-cfo20z8

If there was a thakyou button I would click it!

Thanks heaps for the info, the U-tube looks great
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Blacksmith wrote:
    judoratt wrote:Two years ago we bought Dollumar mats from Swain sports mats. I never want to touch a tatami again. For our local tournaments we set up 2 10m mat areas, with tatamis it takes 198 tatami eight volunteers to load and move mats and two long hours just to set up. Dollumar mats come in 6ft wide rolls 45ft long about 14 tatami in each roll, they weigh about 25kg you need 16 rolls to make up two mat areas. Three people can unload the truck and set up the mats in 1/2 hour.

I've had some experience setting these up just as you described for tournaments. Always wondered how they hold up for everyday use? With tatami if you get a tear or something, you can simply replace the bad one(s).

Our dojo is contemplating a new surface, so any input is appreciated.

Thought I answerer this a couple days back, but the post disappeared Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes . In our dojo we had Swain mats old Agrolux tatami over an inch and a half of foam and plywood. A year ago they were replaced them with 2 inch Flexi roll Velcro mats and just love them. The xetra 1/2 inch of mat makes a big difference. In the last ywo years we ahve spent over $35k on Swain mats and they have ben a great buy. cheers cheers
    JudoMum
    JudoMum

Post by JudoMum Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:59 am

would they hold up to being lugged in and out for every practice? Son's club doesn't have a permanent dojo so has to lay and lift every session, but the mats are starting to go at the edges, probably more from being dragged in and out by the kids than the actual judo. And so the fundraising begins...
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:19 am

JudoMum wrote:would they hold up to being lugged in and out for every practice? Son's club doesn't have a permanent dojo so has to lay and lift every session, but the mats are starting to go at the edges, probably more from being dragged in and out by the kids than the actual judo. And so the fundraising begins...

If you set up the flexirolls up once you will never want to touch a tatami again. We spent $23k for two competition areas and had a very nice tatami mat set that was in great shape. I can move and load the whole set in a truck by my self in 20 miniuets. Call Jose or Chuck at swain for a price tell them judoratt sent you SmileSmile
    rustyjudo

Post by rustyjudo Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:58 pm

Anyone need judo mats in australia check out ebay
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/JUDO-BJJ-MMA-GYMNASTIC-MARTIAL-ARTS-MAT-/281124372434?pt=AU_Martial_Arts&hash=item4174517fd2#ht_64wt_1399

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 am