E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Katame-no-kata by Sampson Sampson

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Katame-no-kata by Sampson Sampson Empty Katame-no-kata by Sampson Sampson

Post by Jonesy Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:43 am

Sampson Sampson, now 6 dan performing the Katame-no-kata in 1981. The demonstration is to the then BJC standard. Sampson is the Technical Director of JFA (UK) - the UK member association of the WJF. 

heikojr
    heikojr

Katame-no-kata by Sampson Sampson Empty Re: Katame-no-kata by Sampson Sampson

Post by heikojr Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:31 am

I really like the flow of the kensetsu-waza set, whether done correct or not. I liked the way one lock lead to the next. I was not impressed with the attempts at escapes in the first set. I could hardly tell what escapes were being attempted.

Some strange formalities also, but i assume most are done due to space?

heikojr
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:59 pm

heikojr wrote:I really like the flow of the kensetsu-waza set, whether done correct or not. I liked the way one lock lead to the next. I was not impressed with the attempts at escapes in the first set. I could hardly tell what escapes were being attempted.

Some strange formalities also, but i assume most are done due to space?

heikojr
    Their nage no kata showed a greater randori spirit than this kata. I agree with your comments, there are certain actions I have not seen before and some serious omissions.
    Mike
    heikojr
    heikojr

Post by heikojr Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:36 pm

Hanon wrote:
    Their nage no kata showed a greater randori spirit than this kata. I agree with your comments, there are certain actions I have not seen before and some serious omissions.
    Mike

I agree, their nage-no-kata did have greater spirit. This kata starts almost as if they were just going through the motions because (as i stated before) of the weak escapes. But (i feel) it end strong with the kensetsu-waza. I like the way they flow from ude-garame to ude-hishiji-juji-gatame to ude-gatame almost without a stop. I feel that this flow almost gives it a feel of randori. Right or wrong.

heikojr

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:56 pm