E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

USJA-USJF-USA Judo Announce 3-Way Membership

JudoGary
    JudoGary

USJA-USJF-USA Judo Announce 3-Way Membership Empty USJA-USJF-USA Judo Announce 3-Way Membership

Post by JudoGary Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:35 am

A New Year’s Message from the President of the USJA - January 1, 2013

We are proud to announce that the leaderships of the United States Judo Association (USJA), the United States Judo Federation (USJF) and USA Judo, are now delivering on our promise to furthering the working relationship of our three organizations by announcing an unprecedented membership program, The All American Membership.
    Below is an excerpt of an email from USA Judo’s CEO, Jose Rodriquez, which spells out the details:

“The All American Membership program, is a significant milestone as it symbolizes a commitment by the three major organizations to become goal congruent and true partners for the future growth of Judo in the United States.”, commented Gary Goltz, President of USJA in joining USA Judo President Lance Nading and USJF President and Olympic Silver Medalist, Kevin Asano in announcing this new program.
    We have worked diligently over the last few months to get this program ready to go and have intentionally waited until this December 31st to unveil it to the Judo family in the United States. We want this to be a truly “New Year” and a truly “new Olympic Quadrennial.” As we head into Rio 2016, we will be asking much again of our athletes and coaches. We all agreed that we needed to go further in our cooperation with USJF and USJA, and all three Boards of Directors are to be commended for continuing to think out of the box for the good of Judo in our nation,” commented Lance Nading, President of USA Judo.

So, what is the All American Membership program all about?
    Well, we know that many of our USA Judo members are also members of USJA, and USJF, and this is true in reverse. We also know that at times due to financial constraints and other reasons, a person only joins one organization over the other, yet they would want to support all three. Now, with the All American Membership program, you can!

Here are the quick facts on how the program will work beginning January 1, 2013:
    • You decide which of the 3 organization will be the principal for your membership – that organization will be the one which will provide your insurance coverage.
    • You may register as an All American Member with any of the three organizations by following the selected principal organization’s procedure for membership registration.
    • Soon after registering, you will be issued an All American Membership card, featuring the name and logo of your principal insurance-issuing organization accompanied by logos and recognition of the other two organizations. That will be your official membership card that you will present for participation in all USA Judo, USJA and USJF events.
    • The All American Membership fee will be $100.00 and it will be distributed among the three organizations as follows: $40.00 to the principal organization issuing the insurance and $30.00 to each of the other two organizations.

The success of this new membership program lies in the opportunity it presents to have the true strength of the sport reflected in the number of members it can show to the media and to potential sponsors. This program also demonstrates to all the members that our three organizations, with all their strengths and weaknesses, can and will work together to become a world power in the sport. By cooperating we can better serve our members, grow the sport and provide for our athletes, from youth to elite and masters.

Go USA!

Jose Humberto Rodriguez
    CEO, USA Judo

The All American Membership as Jose has described is indeed a step forward for judo in our country. We will add this to our website store shortly. In the meantime you can take advantage of this by simply Contacting Us via phone, email, or fax.

Make a resolution to take advantage of this great offer!

Wishing everyone a very happy and healthy new year.

Gary S. Goltz,
    President, USJA

PS - Here is a link to our latest issue of Growing Judo
    BillC
    BillC

USJA-USJF-USA Judo Announce 3-Way Membership Empty Re: USJA-USJF-USA Judo Announce 3-Way Membership

Post by BillC Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:00 am

As i am rather old fashioned and set in my age, I think I will stay with my boring two-way.

Oh wait, what did you think I meant?

This is, from what I have heard and read about over the years, a major accomplishment. So sincere congratulations to all concerned for even noticing that the other groups exist.

Still, for me it doesn't pencil out. USA Judo offers a special deal now and then which cuts their membership to the $35 range, and my LM for "home" YDK means I am obligated for $7.50 to the USJF ... plus whatever fund I contribute to when I feel like it ... for example I could put the whole balance of a hundred bucks into the Dage travel fund where I'd like to see it go. Just personally, I am not one of those that wants a third. Any plans to bring the primary/secondary scheme back? Probably not, given the apparent struggle to get the menage a trois settled.

Also, and maybe this is actually how it is working, Jose might notice that the USJA and USJF offices have lots more admin support capability since USA Judo's headcount reduction. He could probably run all his USA Judo memberships through the other two groups. That way, when I search for a roster of USA Judo members in our club ... to take to a tournament as a back up for example ... I'll again be able to get one. Just a thought.

Oh ... and moderators ... "organizations" is spelled with a "z" ... and it's not pronounced "zed" either ... Zed's dead, baby. Razz

Jerry Hays

USJA-USJF-USA Judo Announce 3-Way Membership Empty Re: USJA-USJF-USA Judo Announce 3-Way Membership

Post by Jerry Hays Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:54 am

BillC wrote:Oh ... and moderators ... "organizations" is spelled with a "z" ... and it's not pronounced "zed" either ... Zed's dead, baby. Razz

Bill - I will NOT participate in the new membership program as I have no desire to join all three groups.

Regarding the spelling - it depends on where you live as to the correct spelling.

Organization, authorization etc. are the original English spellings pre 1776. This is why the 'Z' is still used all over the USA since any changes to the English Language after that date (American Revolution) by British authorities would have no jurisdiction in the USA.

However to find out which is correct in British English today, all you need to do is look in the Oxford English Dictionary or Oxford Reference Online and you will find that if you are looking for "organisation" or "authorisation", it will say, "see organization" or "see authorization", because the more correct spelling, as far as the academics who compile dictionaries are concerned, is still with a 'Z'! These academics have been fighting a rearguard action over what is sometimes referred to as the "Frenchification" of the English Language where they see no valid reason for the replacement of the 'Z' with an 'S'!

Perhaps the use of the 'S' in Britain comes about because of the softer Southern pronunciation, but whatever the reason most British newspapers will now use the 'S' rather than the 'Z' and this has been so since the 1960's. However I was always taught to use the 'Z' during my UK schooling 50 to 60 years ago.

So both spellings are correct in the UK, but the proliferation of the use of the French 'S' is now so widespread in British publications, that even Australians believe that the 'Z' is American and the 'S' is British!

Jerry
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 am

Jerry Hays wrote:

Bill - I will NOT participate in the new membership program as I have no desire to join all three groups.

Regarding the spelling - it depends on where you live as to the correct spelling.

Organization, authorization etc. are the original English spellings pre 1776. This is why the 'Z' is still used all over the USA since any changes to the English Language after that date (American Revolution) by British authorities would have no jurisdiction in the USA.

However to find out which is correct in British English today, all you need to do is look in the Oxford English Dictionary or Oxford Reference Online and you will find that if you are looking for "organisation" or "authorisation", it will say, "see organization" or "see authorization", because the more correct spelling, as far as the academics who compile dictionaries are concerned, is still with a 'Z'! These academics have been fighting a rearguard action over what is sometimes referred to as the "Frenchification" of the English Language where they see no valid reason for the replacement of the 'Z' with an 'S'!

Perhaps the use of the 'S' in Britain comes about because of the softer Southern pronunciation, but whatever the reason most British newspapers will now use the 'S' rather than the 'Z' and this has been so since the 1960's. However I was always taught to use the 'Z' during my UK schooling 50 to 60 years ago.

So both spellings are correct in the UK, but the proliferation of the use of the French 'S' is now so widespread in British publications, that even Australians believe that the 'Z' is American and the 'S' is British!

Jerry
    Who says judo is the only thing we learn about on a judo forum?
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:45 am

[quote="Jerry Hays"]
    BillC wrote:Oh ... and moderators ... "organizations" is spelled with a "z" ... and it's not

Jerry

Thank you, sensei, you are going to have to tell me about that UK education next time we have lunch.
    JudoGary
    JudoGary

Post by JudoGary Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:56 am

We now have an online link to sign-up for this
    All American Membership
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:48 am

Jerry Hays wrote:
    BillC wrote:Oh ... and moderators ... "organizations" is spelled with a "z" ... and it's not pronounced "zed" either ... Zed's dead, baby. Razz

Jerry

Is that what we Australianz believe?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:40 pm