E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

USA Judo Membership Fee Increases

Jerry Hays

USA Judo Membership Fee Increases Empty USA Judo Membership Fee Increases

Post by Jerry Hays Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:54 am

March 27, 2015
    Good Day and Greetings to all of our USA Judo Club Coaches around this great nation:
    On behalf of each member of our present USA Judo Board of Directors, I greet you and want to continue to assure you that I, as well as all our Board Members, believe that you, the club coaches, are the reason why our athletes have enjoyed the relative success that they have achieve in the recent two Olympic Games.
    We also want to commit to you that this Board and our national office staff have continue and will continue to work hard to make sure that Judo continues to grow, but more importantly that at the international scene our athletes win medals and recognition.

The 2016 Summer Olympic Games, is just around the corner and the focus of this organization, as mandated by the USOC and agreed to by the USA Judo Board of Directors and the staff, is to guarantee that our athletes are receiving all of the support they need these months out from the actual Games.

USA Judo, as the National Governing Body of the Olympic Sport of Judo in our nation, and as a member of the United States Olympic Committee, has several key mandates that we must deliver. Our responsibilities are many, including event sanctions; hosting national championships; hosting international championships; coordinate with the referee commission to assure that referees continue to improve, are organized and that they are given the opportunity to referee in the best international competitions in the world, while assuring that at least one referee from the USA is selected by the IJF to work Grand Prix, Grand Slams, World Masters, World Championships, Panamerican Games, and finally Summer Olympic Games. We also are responsible to disseminate and train our members so that all of our members understand the new rule changes.

We work with coaches to issue coaching certification, and work on their further training and coaching education; and, lastly but most importantly, we make sure that all of our elite athletes are able to travel to the necessary events so that th ey qualify to compete in the 2016 Rio Summer Olympic Games. Make no mistake about it, those athletes who have been identified and selected by our High Performance Committee, led by the Chairman leadership of Chris Skelley, Coaches Jimmy Pedro, Jimmy Pedro Senior, Mike Swain, Jhonny Prado, Pat Burris, under the administrative guidance of staff Eddie Liddie, are receiving cash funding from both the USOC and USA Judo over and above their travel, and accommodation/meals.

Recently, our Board of Directors met with the National Office staff to discuss the issue that since 2009, USA Judo has not raised its membership fees, yet we continue to increase our membership services, as well as address the annual issue of "cost of doing business" increases. This included the cost of liability and medical/accidental insurance.

It is for this reason, that the board has listened to the logic of the need to raise the membership dues. Effective Sunday, April 12th the fees will be as follows:
    Individual membership: New youth (16 & under) $40.00
    New adult (17 & above) and all renewals: $70.00
    Dual (judo & jujitsu) $100.00

Club membership: $100.00

Sanction fees: $75.00 (regardless of number of participants)

We are also pleased to offer a new 30 day trial membership for $20.00. This will be for new members only. This membership is limited to 30 days only; however, if the member decides to become a full member of USA Judo, their $20.00 will be applied towards full membership fees if they join prior to their 30 day expiration. This membership must be mailed in/faxed; on line registration will not be taken.

We ask you to please support this increase as it is something that this organization needs in order to keep up with our role as National Governing Body and provide you and your athletes the benefits and service that you have come to expect from USA Judo.
    Sincerely,
    USA Judo Board Members,
    Lance Nading, President
    Christal Ransom
    Mark Hill
    Noboru Saito
    Devin Cohen
    Brian Olson
    Jason Rivera
    Leo White
    Gerry Navarro< span>
    Joe Marchal
    Bill M

USA Judo Membership Fee Increases Empty USA Judo membership increase

Post by Bill M Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:38 am

Interesting that USA Judo puts a membership increase in place, but neglects to answer any of the issues brought up in the complaint that was recently filed against them.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

USA Judo Membership Fee Increases Empty Re: USA Judo Membership Fee Increases

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:50 am

So, Jerry, what is the status of people who bought life memberships in USA Judo ? Am I still a "life member" of USA Judo, from back when I bought a "life membership" in the program that Gail was running ?

Jerry Hays

Post by Jerry Hays Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:36 am

I have no idea. If I find out, I will post the info on this forum.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:46 am

Jerry Hays wrote:I have no idea.  If I find out, I will post the info on this forum.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I called the office a few years ago, and nobody had any idea what I was talking about.

I should still be a member of USA Judo if I have a life membership, I would think. Apparently I'm not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:28 pm