E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Forget underpants ... how about undershirts?

BillC
    BillC

Forget underpants ... how about undershirts? Empty Forget underpants ... how about undershirts?

Post by BillC Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:49 am

Have been wanting to suggest this topic for some time ... now that it appears that pictures can actually be posted on this forum I can actually act on that impulse.

The subject is favorite judo t-shirts. Anyone in judo for any length of time probably has at least an entire drawer full of them. Which are your favorites and why? Is it a particular design or color? Is there a nice memory associated with it? Post a snapshot and tell us a story.

I'll start. Here's my favorite t-shirt, it commemorates a local tournament I played at in 1995. Appropriate to the calendar, it was to be the "oshogatsu" tournament for the state that year ... even though it was delayed until March.

I like it because ...
    - Rich Keating ended up with the coolest career-ending shoulder dislocation I have ever seen ... not a happy memory but a strong one;
    - The late Pita Sunia threw Bryan Leininger off the mat with the hugest uranage I have ever seen ... unfortunately this was before the dynamic edge rule ... I still miss Pita BTW;
    - I like simple designs on t-shirts, save the loud stuff for neckties and socks, and I like dark colors that don't show spills of mustard or salsa;
    - It doesn't scream "I am wearing a martial arts t-shirt so be careful I am going to kick your ass" ...
    - It's only recognizable to other judo players and/or people who know what oshogatsu is;
    - It has lasted in good shape with regular wearing since 1995 ... an excellent investment.

Forget underpants ... how about undershirts? 07812
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Forget underpants ... how about undershirts? Empty Re: Forget underpants ... how about undershirts?

Post by ThePieman Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Nice t-shirt!

Just trying to disable picture posting in the thread next door before you get round to posting there also! affraid

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:51 am