E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+4
Cichorei Kano
JudoMum
finarashi
Jonesy
8 posters

Where are all the BJA members?

Jonesy
    Jonesy

Where are all the BJA members? Empty Where are all the BJA members?

Post by Jonesy Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:17 pm

Lots of BJA news - new CEO, new Performance Director, Neil Adams in a Coaching role and yet no comment from anyone. A few months in to KB's reign - no comment. Has everyone been gagged, are they posting elsewhere??? I think we should be told.....
    finarashi
    finarashi

Where are all the BJA members? Empty Re: Where are all the BJA members?

Post by finarashi Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:14 pm

Typical Judoka; will post only if there is negative things to post.
    JudoMum
    JudoMum

Post by JudoMum Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:27 pm

Maybe the fact that no-one's posting means that everyone's happy at the moment??

Stranger things have been known to happen...
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:15 pm

I thought I heard that the BJA had its own forum again ? Wasn't it so that BJA members were only 'temporarily' on the JudoForum while their own forum was closed down and being revamped as far as I recall Roy's words ?
    medo

Post by medo Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:36 am

finarashi wrote:Typical Judoka; will post only if there is negative things to post.

Is that not just normal life nobody moans about the good, only the things that perhaps could be improved...

Anyway Neil's appointment sees a new thinking up in the ivory tower maybe the new CEO is listening to Andrew(Haff) who knows, as there's no forum which I believe was a priority!

Could be lots to do about control, only positive media events as on the current website, which as Finarashi states tended not to happen on BJA forums of the past due to loads of, well lets say unfortunate "thinkings" from the then top team.

Peahen

Post by Peahen Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm

the problem is that the BJA website is so rubbish it is hard to find out anything. I have heard gossip that some players are not happy with some of the new appointments. What role has Neil Adams got? The new CEO is the one who was acting CEO so that is not really a change. The new coach I don;t know much about so anyone want to enlighten me about his credentials? I would like to hear about the new female coach as the gossip is that there may be some issues there. AS I said I have tried to check out the BJA website today but it seems to be having problems ro maybe it is because I am suing firefox....
    Anyway I still can;t find any information on the review that was to take place. I would also like to see if there is real change before I comment on the whole lot. WE had a serious number of issues that needed addressing, I don;t know if the Haff is on this forum, he might have some info for us unless he has been gagged :-)
    judoratt
    judoratt

Post by judoratt Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:06 pm

Jonesy wrote:Lots of BJA news - new CEO, new Performance Director, Neil Adams in a Coaching role and yet no comment from anyone. A few months in to KB's reign - no comment. Has everyone been gagged, are they posting elsewhere??? I think we should be told.....

Maybe everyone is happy with the BJA. Very Happy Very Happy
    How could I pass that one up. Smile
    Peahen

Post by Peahen Tue Apr 02, 2013 12:24 am

Lol not what I hear on the grapevine but hey, nothing is new really
    Secret Squirrel

Post by Secret Squirrel Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:21 pm

That's twice you have mentioned 'rumours'.... who is not happy and what are the issues they have? I am sure you will correct me if I have this wrong, but I assume oyu refer to the Scottish players - that includes the English ones too!!
    Peahen

Post by Peahen Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:11 pm

yup agreed somewhere up north. However, it is all early days, we haven;nt had a report from the review yet, just some new appointments so far and change always causes some dissent. What we need, as always, is clear communication of the direction of travel, clear and transparent guidance as to expectations so that everyone involved knows what is happening and what will happen. THat is nothing new, as long as any new team can address those issues I think any discontent will settle. People frequently complain when they see guidance ignored, rules bent for certain people and not others, no transparency about issues.
    I am happy to see change, but wish to see talent developed appropriately and nurtured properly. Beware pushing young talent to fast and too soon onto the senior stage. Time and time again throughout all sports young players pushed too quickly burn out and frequently (though not always)plateau and "fail" to progress to the heights.
    I do agree that some of our seniors need to realise that there is talent below, but the more competitive we are in more categories (i.e. having more players coming through) the better it is for the one who rises to the top. But more than one needs to be nurtured

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:25 pm