E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+13
cuivien
rjohnston411
still learning
Fritz
wdax
micahpharris
NYCNewbie
finarashi
genetic judoka
judoratt
Heisenberg
techman
Cichorei Kano
17 posters

F*** the new rules, we want back the old rules !!

Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

F*** the new  rules, we want back the old rules !! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** the new rules, we want back the old rules !!

Post by Ben Reinhardt Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:28 am

NYCNewbie wrote:As a (relatively) tall, thin guy, I never, ever went for leg picks but always got caught with 'em. Plus, I have this "leave the leg dangling out there"-type of Judo and as such would regularly get in trouble via leg grabs.

And you know what? I despise the prohibition on leg grabs. I deserved every leg pick I got. I can't believe they'd do away with them!

The main thing is: they're natural. They happen organically in fights. Judo is a fight. Not a fistfight, but a grappling fight- and grappling fights mean grappling, which means grabbing legs. Period.

The whole thing makes me sad.

Why do you think being tall and thin means you can't do ashi-tori attacks?

Rules now may inhibit you, but don't limit yourself because of your realtive tall/thin stature. Long arms have longer reach...
    Q mystic
    Q mystic

F*** the new  rules, we want back the old rules !! - Page 2 Empty Re: F*** the new rules, we want back the old rules !!

Post by Q mystic Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:21 am

Shorts. Sambo shorts would make allll the diff.

No fan of the seoi to grab the leg an front roll yourself. But am a fan of defending the drop shot.

No chance in hell of it happening but the sambo shorts on judoka would make judo fantastic and clean japanese style. Thats only what we see in mma from judoka even....where they wear shorts.

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:13 pm