E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+3
Stacey
BillC
NBK
7 posters

The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin!

NBK
    NBK

The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin! Empty The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin!

Post by NBK Sat Apr 06, 2013 9:14 pm

Hello.

I was in the Kodokan Library and Museum recently, and noticed a pinboard displayed with a number of national pins and judo club pins.

Miss Motohashi and Miss Hoshi get a lot of international visitors, and a number were kindly offering them pins. They wanted to recognize those gifts so they put up a board near the entrance and placed the pins on the board.

I told them that I would tell folks about it, and here you are.

If you'd like to donate a pin to be displayed in the Library, at the entrance to the Kodokan Museum, please send your pin and a brief explanation to:

Kodokan Library
    ATTN: Miss Motohashi
    1-16-30 Kasuga
    Bunkyo-ku, Tokyo 112-0003 Japan

It is a fun and colorful project.

Regards,

NBK
    BillC
    BillC

The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin! Empty Re: The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin!

Post by BillC Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:16 am

NBK wrote:Hello.

I was in the Kodokan Library and Museum recently, and noticed a pinboard displayed with a number of national pins and judo club pins.

Miss Motohashi and Miss Hoshi get a lot of international visitors, and a number were kindly offering them pins. They wanted to recognize those gifts so they put up a board near the entrance and placed the pins on the board.

If you'd like to donate a pin to be displayed in the Library, at the entrance to the Kodokan Museum, please send your pin and a brief explanation to:

Kodokan Library
    1-16-30 Kasuga

Regards,

NBK

Please pass my pledge of undying devotion ... and my apologies for not stopping by with the gigabytes of documents from Jerry Hays ... to the lovely Miss Motohashi. But that only means "great, now I have to run out and have pins made ... and who the heck wears pins anymore except creepy secret handshake types ... oh, wait ..."

Will she accept a t-shirt instead? She can wear it for Super Cool Biz day.
    Stacey
    Stacey

The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin! Empty Re: The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin!

Post by Stacey Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:44 am

BillC wrote:

Will she accept a t-shirt instead? She can wear it for Super Cool Biz day.

Or patches?
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:07 am

Stacey wrote:
    Or patches?

There's an idea !

The Kodokan wants your judo club or national pin! Button_pin_capoeira_martial_arts_axe-p145242375604973436bhvjy_400
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:12 am

I Am sure they'd accept tee shirts but the two of them would fit in one of yours.

I think patches is a great idea and assume they'd display them, too. Never mind the Japanese penchant for tiny and exquisite, I say bombard 'em with big and garish !
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:43 pm

Billc, do you have a patch or pin to contribute?
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:19 pm

NBK wrote:Billc, do you have a patch or pin to contribute?

Patch if she wants. From the Judo Forum Camp in 2008. Last one left. I'll try to remember to bring it when I go over next month.

Our club has neither patch nor pin ... that's probably typical in our area. We tend towards t-shirts, hoodies, embroidery.
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:48 am

does it have to be a new patch? I've got one I pulled off a too-ripped-to-wear gi that I'd be willing to part with, but it shows its age.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:41 am

Sounds like character to me.... All it will cost is the postage.
    Jerry Hays

Post by Jerry Hays Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:29 pm

NBK wrote:Hello.

Kodokan Library
    1-16-30 Kasuga

Regards,

NBK

When Hal Sharp and I visited the Kodokan in 2007 (I think the year is correct), I donated over fifty pins, they were stuck onto a piece of vinyl flooring material. I hope they still have them. Some of them was from USA clubs/shiais and other internationals sources (several US Open, 1996 Olympics, and a few from the 1986 and 1987 CISM International Championships).
    Richard Riehle

Post by Richard Riehle Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:23 pm

NBK wrote:Sounds like character to me.... All it will cost is the postage.

I will be taking my annual visit to the Kodokan in the last part of August this year. I always take some USA souvenirs and usually a few rare books and other items for the Kodokan library and museum. If you live near me, and would like to have me take something on behalf of your dojo, I will find room in my luggage. I will PM my mailing address if you wish to contact me.

However, as NBK noted, the cost of postage for a patch mailed to Japan is not very expensive.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:15 am