E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Step Around Throws

Ricebale
    Ricebale

Step Around Throws Empty Step Around Throws

Post by Ricebale Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:44 pm

Some training, not sure the Judo name for the first throws but it is a combination whereby they block out your O-Goshi attack by placing the knee in front of your hip turn for their own uki goshi or some such, you proceed to step around then throw backwards across the chest. The guys in the vid range from Brown to yellow belts in Judo, the first two with the better back arches are the more experienced guys obviously.

If anyone knows the Judo name I'd like to know please.

This works gi or no-gi, methinks this type of throw has a lot of utility under the new rules whereby they can't stuff your step around with a leg grab.

Cheers
    Davaro
    Davaro

Step Around Throws Empty Re: Step Around Throws

Post by Davaro Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:25 pm

I have an idea they would not be considered legal under the "bear-hug" rule.... If I had to name this, I would say it is ura nage?
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:49 pm

Davaro wrote:I have an idea they would not be considered legal under the "bear-hug" rule.... If I had to name this, I would say it is ura nage?

The first three are an O-Goshi grip but merely throwing backward across the chest so they should be legal, I agree the last ones are bear hugs and illegal, the wrestling name is suplex or more correctly a belly to belly step around half suplex.

The students are in descending belt order, the guys doing the bear hugs are yellow belt level, I teach the hug variation first so they can try and get the back arch correct if that makes sense. I teach pick ups as counters in the first instance similar to the way others teach tani otoshi.

Also, I agree the last ones are ura nage counters but the first three are not ura nage. In another thread a similar throw was named a standing variation of Daki Wakari as it is similar to this

I am not sure with these first three throws throws how to name them though.

Cheers

Last edited by Ricebale on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : changed vid)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:47 pm