E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+11
Ben Reinhardt
GregW
Hanon
NBK
jkw
techman
Jonesy
Quicksilver
Davaro
hedgehogey
Cichorei Kano
15 posters

And then now for something completely different: the Judo Show !!

Hanon

And then now for something completely different: the Judo Show !! - Page 2 Empty Re: And then now for something completely different: the Judo Show !!

Post by Hanon Thu May 23, 2013 6:33 am

genetic judoka wrote:some have suggested to me in the past, after seeing the high intensity full body workouts I put people through in the competition class, that I start offering a judo-fit class for non judoka who want to get in shape. it would be a way to make a bit of money doing something I enjoy (and by that I mean yelling at people). to be honest I haven't completely written off the idea yet...
    the idea would be that after a few weeks I point out to them that if they're already doing the "hard stuff" with no problems, they might as well do the fun stuff too, and all the sudden our regular judo class will have new members.

May I suggest a very cold shower to bring you to your senses mate.

Mike
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

And then now for something completely different: the Judo Show !! - Page 2 Empty Re: And then now for something completely different: the Judo Show !!

Post by genetic judoka Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 am

to be fair I rarely completely write off any idea. those dreams of being a superhero from when I was 5 are still in the back of my brain somewhere...
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu May 23, 2013 7:11 am

genetic judoka wrote:some have suggested to me in the past, after seeing the high intensity full body workouts I put people through in the competition class, that I start offering a judo-fit class for non judoka who want to get in shape. it would be a way to make a bit of money doing something I enjoy (and by that I mean yelling at people). to be honest I haven't completely written off the idea yet...
    the idea would be that after a few weeks I point out to them that if they're already doing the "hard stuff" with no problems, they might as well do the fun stuff too, and all the sudden our regular judo class will have new members.

Yeah, we were thinking along the same lines, but had our doubts as to whether much real interest would be there to join a "regular" Judo class. I'd say if you have people who want to do it, give it a try, however, with our difficulties in escaping the bedroom I can't see how you will have time. If you do, you should train more rather than teach (IMO).

Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu May 23, 2013 7:12 am

Hanon wrote:

Mike

Oh come on, "Mike", at his age a cold shower won't even slow him down. Surely you remember?

genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Thu May 23, 2013 7:46 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:

Yeah, we were thinking along the same lines, but had our doubts as to whether much real interest would be there to join a "regular" Judo class. I'd say if you have people who want to do it, give it a try, however, with our difficulties in escaping the bedroom I can't see how you will have time. If you do, you should train more rather than teach (IMO).

valid point. and in terms of training rather than teaching, I couldn't agree more. I'm not teaching because I think I'm a qualified instructor. I teach because our head sensei considers himself retired and has no interest in running a competition program, we have students interested in competition, our dojo was sitting empty some nights, and none of the other dan grades have the time or energy to take on something like that. so I teach in order to fill a void. given a choice between doing that, or training under someone more qualified, there would be no hesitation to drop teaching my classes (I'm up to twice a week now) and work on my own advancement.

I'm moving across the state in a month and a half to finish school, I get the feeling that after that I won't be doing any teaching for a while.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu May 23, 2013 7:59 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:
    Hanon wrote:

Mike

Oh come on, "Mike", at his age a cold shower won't even slow him down. Surely you remember?

Ben, cold water has always had a very distinctive affect on certain parts of my body. I detest cold water not for that reason alone, I just hate being that cold. I have jumped into a swimming pool in Denmark where they not only not heat the water but chill it. I lasted .0001 second them was able to change using the ladies changing room! Never again.

Mike
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Fri May 24, 2013 1:06 am

Hanon wrote:

Ben, cold water has always had a very distinctive affect on certain parts of my body. I detest cold water not for that reason alone, I just hate being that cold. I have jumped into a swimming pool in Denmark where they not only not heat the water but chill it. I lasted .0001 second them was able to change using the ladies changing room! Never again.

Mike
    I take a cold shower every day after training. I start hot, then go to as cold as I can stand, then back to hot, then back to cold once more. it does wonders for muscle aches. if I had a few beers the night before, I'll take a cold shower in the morning to wake myself up a bit. the cold doesn't bother me. my wife thinks I'm insane though.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Fri May 24, 2013 1:36 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    Hanon wrote:

Mike
    I take a cold shower every day after training. I start hot, then go to as cold as I can stand, then back to hot, then back to cold once more. it does wonders for muscle aches. if I had a few beers the night before, I'll take a cold shower in the morning to wake myself up a bit. the cold doesn't bother me. my wife thinks I'm insane though.

Pay attention to your dear wife. She knows what she is talking about. Twisted Evil

Mike
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Fri May 24, 2013 10:39 am

genetic judoka wrote:
    my wife thinks I'm insane though.

Your Wife is a very wise lady !! Very Happy
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Sat May 25, 2013 4:05 am

never said I disagreed. I love how this thread has drifted.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat May 25, 2013 4:20 am

genetic judoka wrote:I take a cold shower every day after training. I start hot, then go to as cold as I can stand, then back to hot, then back to cold once more. it does wonders for muscle aches. if I had a few beers the night before, I'll take a cold shower in the morning to wake myself up a bit. the cold doesn't bother me. my wife thinks I'm insane though.

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Wed May 29, 2013 3:49 am

The following is a well-recorded clip of the Dutch champion team Judo Show:

cuivien
    cuivien

Post by cuivien Thu May 30, 2013 6:22 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:The following is a well-recorded clip of the Dutch champion team Judo Show:

decently composed and clearly well-rehearsed, that's pretty much the only positive things I can make myself say about their performance...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm