E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

New jūdō development in Europe: Jūdō Taisō Clinics

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

New jūdō development in Europe: Jūdō Taisō Clinics Empty New jūdō development in Europe: Jūdō Taisō Clinics

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu May 23, 2013 4:47 am

Since last year a new development has fired up in Europe, namely so-called "Jūdō Taisō Clinics".

Jūdō Taisō in reality is not new at all and in fact very old. Jû-no-kata originally was not called that way and started off as a Taisō-no-kata. In its early form the term taisō was quite frequently used in jûdô and still appears in several of the oldest jûdô books. However, clinics in jûdô taisô are new. These are not just ordinary clinics were for example, merely Seiryoku zen'yô kokumin taiiku is taught. These Taisô clinics now already exist in countries such as France and Belgium.

Here is one example, although it is not suggested that all clinics in Jûdô Taisô are similar or the same:

Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

New jūdō development in Europe: Jūdō Taisō Clinics Empty Re: New jūdō development in Europe: Jūdō Taisō Clinics

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu May 23, 2013 5:05 am

It's Judoaerobics, another plot from the IJF to destroy "real" Judo.

Didn't someone post a video of something similar in England featuring some rather well known elite athletes over on the old JF? It had much more "judo like" movements in it.

Soon one will be able to be ranked in this, no doubt...another income stream.

Jonesy
    Jonesy

New jūdō development in Europe: Jūdō Taisō Clinics Empty Re: New jūdō development in Europe: Jūdō Taisō Clinics

Post by Jonesy Thu May 23, 2013 6:13 am

Rhythmic Judo Shishi Kai style

Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu May 23, 2013 6:17 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:It's Judoaerobics, another plot from the IJF to destroy "real" Judo.

Didn't someone post a video of something similar in England featuring some rather well known elite athletes over on the old JF? It had much more "judo like" movements in it.

Then think of the championships. Add this to the already established judo show and we could have judo circus

I hereby rank you 10th dan in judo taiso. Many congratulations.

Got to laugh or go plumb crazy cheers

Mike
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu May 23, 2013 6:19 am

Jonesy wrote:Rhythmic Judo Shishi Kai style

Are you deliberately trying to give me a heart attack? Twisted Evil

Mike
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu May 23, 2013 6:25 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:Since last year a new development has fired up in Europe, namely so-called "Jūdō Taisō Clinics".

Jūdō Taisō in reality is not new at all and in fact very old. Jû-no-kata originally was not called that way and started off as a Taisō-no-kata. In its early form the term taisō was quite frequently used in jûdô and still appears in several of the oldest jûdô books. However, clinics in jûdô taisô are new. These are not just ordinary clinics were for example, merely Seiryoku zen'yô kokumin taiiku is taught. These Taisô clinics now already exist in countries such as France and Belgium.

Here is one example, although it is not suggested that all clinics in Jûdô Taisô are similar or the same:

I guess this would be the equivalent of the body combat that I mentioned in an earlier post on another thread.

We went though a phase here where most gyms closed the aerobics classes in favour of this body combat. It was a 'teacher' wearing a kuro obi performing some sort of karate or atemi moves to music. The pupils worked very hard and the results in fitness I have no doubt where good. Problem is most of the participants where under the illusion that not only where they getting fit but learning a martial activity. One very famous high rank karateka here was my daughter-in-laws teacher.
    I spoke with her on several family visit occasions. Though she understood it was nothing related to karatedo it didn't prevent her form making AN AWFUL LOT OF MONEY.

When will this become an IJF championship event?

Sad but we cant save the world from being foolish.

Mike
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu May 23, 2013 6:44 am

Hanon wrote:
    Ben Reinhardt wrote:It's Judoaerobics, another plot from the IJF to destroy "real" Judo.

Then think of the championships. Add this to the already established judo show and we could have judo circus

I hereby rank you 10th dan in judo taiso. Many congratulations.

Got to laugh or go plumb crazy cheers

Mike
    I think they aleady have aerobics champinships? The IJF is just stealing ideas from other sports entertainment styles. People want to be champions of something, might as well be judo taiso or judo show.

And LOL at Judo circus...I've seen enough of Judo politics to have seen plenty of Judo Show and circus displays...

W
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Thu May 23, 2013 6:47 am

Hanon wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:Since last year a new development has fired up in Europe, namely so-called "Jūdō Taisō Clinics".

I guess this would be the equivalent of the body combat that I mentioned in an earlier post on another thread.

We went though a phase here where most gyms closed the aerobics classes in favour of this body combat. It was a 'teacher' wearing a kuro obi performing some sort of karate or atemi moves to music. The pupils worked very hard and the results in fitness I have no doubt where good. Problem is most of the participants where under the illusion that not only where they getting fit but learning a martial activity. One very famous high rank karateka here was my daughter-in-laws teacher.
    I spoke with her on several family visit occasions. Though she understood it was nothing related to karatedo it didn't prevent her form making AN AWFUL LOT OF MONEY.

Mike

Google "Tae Bo" and see wht you think. Billy Blanks was a pretty good kickboxer. found a way to retire and make a lot of money....SEe, IJF is just stealiong ideas. No original thought. .
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu May 23, 2013 7:31 am

Ben Reinhardt wrote:
    Hanon wrote:

Mike

Google "Tae Bo" and see wht you think. Billy Blanks was a pretty good kickboxer. found a way to retire and make a lot of money....SEe, IJF is just stealiong ideas. No original thought. .

Saddens me beyond belief.

Several things initially spring to mind. it puts us as judoka in a different position. At least these activities will decrease the griping about this judoka being a dan rank or blue belt and the question of qualifications.
    I have no idea how associations are going to arrange insurance for these things? It is not judo, cant be called judo. To that end what qualifications will need, by law in this country, to be presented to the authorities before a 'teacher' of circus judo can be registered.

You see I guess to a degree this is perhaps why older judoka like myself have always fought to keep judo, well, judo.
    To keep a dojo, a dojo. To maintain judo tradition and culture. We are now seeing the end result of years of corrupt power games by those who simply fail to grasp what judo even is.

I am a strong proponent of education, both physical and academic. I am all for healthy living and activities that help people become fit and supported can but be good. When we abuse judo though and start Judo show and judo taiso vis, judo circus. We not only loose judo to the past but how long before those we entice into the dojo see what a crock of crap we are selling them then the damage is done and irreversible.
    Judo is already the most sportified of all the martial arts and ways. This just goes to prove it and will make getting interested pupils into a judo dojo even more difficult.

If the IJF thinks for a second judo is just a room filled with paying pupils they are wrong. Judo is what we practice and can only be internalised by correctly supervised practice and learning. Judo is now so watered down its become transparent. You do realise judo will not be around for your grand kids to enjoy?

Mike

Why are we hell bent on destroying the very practice we love so much. Judo has no greater enemy that the judoka.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu May 23, 2013 7:39 am

Please, let's keep on track and not confuse things. The British clip posted in one of the posts were really just two jûdôka fooling around. The Taisô cliics are actually formal clinics organized by the Federation itself. They are not geared towards "hockey moms" or so, and they are not taebo aerobics either. I posted the first clip because I could not find another one.

In France, jûdô taisô is presented as warm-up exercises and gymnastics open to all(see: http://www.judo-vaureal.com/taiso/taiso.htm). Basically, it is jûdô stripped of all formalities and rituals and moving around. However, in other European countries I have also seen the Taisô clinics rather presented as continuing education clinics solely for "advanced jûdôka", usually only black belts and teachers. They were presented as some "extra knowledge" which the average jûdôka supposedly did not have.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:59 pm