E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

2013Asian Grand Matsers Open Judo Championships at the Kodokan Sep21/22

Kuden

2013Asian Grand Matsers Open Judo Championships at the Kodokan Sep21/22 Empty 2013Asian Grand Matsers Open Judo Championships at the Kodokan Sep21/22

Post by Kuden Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:35 pm

Since the end of last year there have been discussions among IJF/AJJF, Kodokan and All Japan Masters Judo Association on how best we can serve world-wide judoka as it is OPEN. As in the previous years, we look forward to meeting senior Ojisan/Obasan athletes (judoka) from various countries. Just as other Grand Masters Judo, there`ll be individual/team competitions and kata. For team competition, we hope to have one competitor in each age bracket: 30-40-50-60-70. Sometimes it`s difficult to recruit those in the higher age categories, and this is why I`m happy as more people come and talk to me around this time, asking to represent the highest age category in their team!!

For Kata maniac, we are providing an opportunity to see All Japan Kata Championships on Sep 23 to select also those who participate in World Kata in Kyoto the following month. Due to shortage of well-qualified kata judges, a system has been implemented to foster potential kata judges and I expect there`ll be newly appointed judges at work.

And I can assure you that as long as a majority of judoka, practising, enjoying and sharing goodness of judo at a grass-root level we continue to stay far above "their ignoble strife" and do a small best to enhance Kano`s ideal.
    BillC
    BillC

2013Asian Grand Matsers Open Judo Championships at the Kodokan Sep21/22 Empty Re: 2013Asian Grand Matsers Open Judo Championships at the Kodokan Sep21/22

Post by BillC Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:33 am

Kuden wrote:Since the end of last year there have been discussions among IJF/AJJF, Kodokan and All Japan Masters Judo Association on how best we can serve world-wide judoka as it is OPEN. As in the previous years, we look forward to meeting senior Ojisan/Obasan athletes (judoka) from various countries. Just as other Grand Masters Judo, there`ll be individual/team competitions and kata. For team competition, we hope to have one competitor in each age bracket: 30-40-50-60-70. Sometimes it`s difficult to recruit those in the higher age categories, and this is why I`m happy as more people come and talk to me around this time, asking to represent the highest age category in their team!!

For Kata maniac, we are providing an opportunity to see All Japan Kata Championships on Sep 23 to select also those who participate in World Kata in Kyoto the following month. Due to shortage of well-qualified kata judges, a system has been implemented to foster potential kata judges and I expect there`ll be newly appointed judges at work.

And I can assure you that as long as a majority of judoka, practising, enjoying and sharing goodness of judo at a grass-root level we continue to stay far above "their ignoble strife" and do a small best to enhance Kano`s ideal.

Kuden-san, thank you for your interesting post. So this tournament is open to overseas judoka? If so, is there a tournament announcement or application on line? I see the kata championship but not the tournament on the Kodokan calendar (英語).

Probably I will not be able to make it this year, but if it is open maybe we can bring a Southern California group of ojisan/obasan for shiai and kata in future years. Not sure why I never heard of it, but thank you for this notice.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:45 am