E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+6
xjej
contrarian
BillC
micahpharris
Sukai
SuperJudo12345
10 posters

Mongolian Training Methods?

SuperJudo12345

Mongolian Training Methods?  Empty Mongolian Training Methods?

Post by SuperJudo12345 Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:56 am

Hi all,

I was just curious as to if anybody knows how the Mongolians specifically train? I have observed that they have a very "distinct" style of judo from other countries and have many odd throws, so I would appreciate some insight into how they train to fight like that. Some of my favourite fighters are Mongolian, so it would be very interesting to get some information on their training methods!

Thanks

SuperJudo12345
    Sukai

Mongolian Training Methods?  Empty Re: Mongolian Training Methods?

Post by Sukai Wed Jun 19, 2013 3:40 pm

I would assume that Mongolian Traditional Wrestling has a large influence on their game.
    micahpharris
    micahpharris

Mongolian Training Methods?  Empty Maybe helpful

Post by micahpharris Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:24 am

I'm a Rokyu and, consequently, am not exceedingly familiar with judo training methods generally.  Having said that, one of the sensei in my dojo was a member of the Mongolian olympic team; he runs our class on Thursday night.  Generally speaking, his class has a faster pace than other nights but I attribute that mostly to the fact that he's substantially younger than the sensei who run classes on the other nights.  He does have us do more ukemi and more varied ukemi than just a bunch of zempo kaitan.  None of that seems particularly unique though.  One big difference between his class and others, though, is his emphasis on combinations.  We'll spend about a third of the class focusing on a throw and then a second third of the class using the first throw as a setup to another.  For example, a couple of weeks ago, he showed an o uchigari/tai othoshi combo.  He also shows us some ashi techniques that don't seem to be part of the normal catalog of waza.
    SuperJudo12345

Post by SuperJudo12345 Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:13 am

That's very interesting. I have noticed that the Mongolians use a LOT of combinations, so I wouldn't be surprised if they focused on them a lot in Mongolia.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:12 am

Stop breaking down my City Wall you stupid Mongolians!

Mongolian Training Methods?  795553817200dd68eb2ofx8
    contrarian
    contrarian

Post by contrarian Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:02 am

their secret is that they've figured out how to incorporate baseball into judo.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:36 pm

contrarian wrote:their secret is that they've figured out how to incorporate baseball into judo.
    Hey ... don't make accusations of PED usage ... it can ruin careers buddy!Wink 
    SuperJudo12345

Post by SuperJudo12345 Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:51 pm

Haha, interesting video. Getting whacked with that stick is an odd way of training, but I suppose it toughens you up! Seems like they have a very "warrior" like approach to their Judo.
    xjej
    xjej

Post by xjej Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:12 am

SuperJudo12345 wrote:Haha, interesting video. Getting whacked with that stick is an odd way of training, but I suppose it toughens you up! Seems like they have a very "warrior" like approach to their Judo.
    Aka with enough members practicing, you don't really need best methods of training (or they can be outdated ) to pull out some very good players, it s just a matter of math.
    GregW

Post by GregW Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:57 am

When I saw this thread's title, this is what immediately came to mind...

BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:13 am

SuperJudo12345 wrote:Haha, interesting video. Getting whacked with that stick is an odd way of training, but I suppose it toughens you up! Seems like they have a very "warrior" like approach to their Judo.
    Hey, whatever does it for you dude.  Maybe a cane across the buttocks from Sodo dressed all in his motorcycle leather?  Where'd he get to, by the way?

If I remember, the Mongols of old had a very serious blood taboo ... the really did not like close combat ... better to stick an opponent full of arrows from a safe distance.  That's how they conquered half the known world. NBK could illuminate that subject ... the first samurai were arrows plunkers too I think.

This stuff ... the jacket wrestling ... was a way to greet old friends.

P.S. ... visiting a dojo out of town.  Nice folks ... multiple martial arts taught ... but someone has the kanji for "bushido" next to the kanji for "jujutsu"  stuck up as shomen in the room used for judo.  Sigh.Neutral
    Ryvai
    Ryvai

Post by Ryvai Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:06 am

If you gathered the men and boys in your dojo and teached them this Maori wardance haka you would see beards grow, in fact your beard would grow a beard. On a serious note, I believe this increases testosterone and performance Smile I'd shit my pants if these guys where my opponents.

contrarian
    contrarian

Post by contrarian Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:14 am

Ryvai wrote:If you gathered the men and boys in your dojo and teached them this Maori wardance haka you would see beards grow, in fact your beard would grow a beard. On a serious note, I believe this increases testosterone and performance :)I'd shit my pants if these guys where my opponents.

i have spent hours watching difference versions of haka.
    something about it just draws me in: raw, guttural, communal and poetic...

I die, I die,
    I live, I live
    I die, I die,
    I live, I live,
    This is the hairy man
    Who caused the sun to shine again for me
    Up the ladder, Up the ladder
    Up to the top
    The sun shines!
    Rise!
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:35 am

As a proud Welshman and rugby fanatic I love watching the All Blacks play.
    The Haka is still the finest spectacle in world sport.
    Sends shivers up my spine every time I see it performed.
    Davaro
    Davaro

Post by Davaro Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:44 pm

tafftaz wrote:As a proud Welshman and rugby fanatic I love watching the All Blacks play.
    And as a proud supporter of the team they did that against... I also love it.

We are historically the team that gives them the most uphill... Still lose most of the time though...

They have their poorest record against the Springboks (Winning 56% all time)

There is NOTHING like match day here when the 'Boks take on the All Blacks. Its war.
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 am

Davaro wrote:
    tafftaz wrote:As a proud Welshman and rugby fanatic I love watching the All Blacks play.
    And as a proud supporter of the team they did that against... I also love it.

We are historically the team that gives them the most uphill... Still lose most of the time though...

They have their poorest record against the Springboks (Winning 56% all time)

There is NOTHING like match day here when the 'Boks take on the All Blacks. Its war.

Dav me old mate, I completely agree. While the rivalry between the Aussies and the All Blacks is legendary,
    the Boks and the French are the two sides who always give them the most problems.
    Some big lads in the Boks side this year. Can't wait for the Autumn internationals, we got you guys first up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:51 pm