E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Uchi Komi training

afulldeck
    afulldeck

Uchi Komi training Empty Uchi Komi training

Post by afulldeck Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:09 am

I believe this is Patrick Vial training uchi komi....

https://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/xre9s_ACSJUDO_DB_educatifs/1#video=xc8z9y
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Uchi Komi training Empty Re: Uchi Komi training

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:55 am

afulldeck wrote:

Yes, Patrick Vial and Murakami Kiyoshi.

Thanks for sharing this. This is a good find, and one I had not seen before. This is also technically nice judo. I find it far more exciting than many modern DVDs. Just look at the uchi-komi. Most of the time they do the throw in full (without throwing) in this way using it as a technical tool to improve technique rather than just as a cardio tool. They use action and reaction, and rely on sensing each other. Although I am not sure of this, I believe though that both had some instruction from the late Michigami-sensei.
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

Post by afulldeck Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:20 am

It was serendipity. I was looking for different approaches to uchi-komi and voila....a gem. Thanks for the back ground.
    NYCNewbie

Post by NYCNewbie Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:35 am

Thank you SO much for this. What a wonderful learning tool. I sat there and watched the whole thing, just memorized.

I have one question for you or anyone else- the Tai Otoshi Uchi Komi looks very front-to-back, more of a Seoi-Nage type action. Tori's Hikite arm appears to be thrusting backwards and his whole motion seems to me to be very forwards-backwards. Look, I hardly know anything about Judo- I'm just saying what is SEEMS like to me.

Thoughts anyone?
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Sun Mar 03, 2013 9:24 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    afulldeck wrote:

Yes, Patrick Vial and Murakami Kiyoshi.

Thanks for sharing this. This is a good find, and one I had not seen before. This is also technically nice judo. I find it far more exciting than many modern DVDs. Just look at the uchi-komi. Most of the time they do the throw in full (without throwing) in this way using it as a technical tool to improve technique rather than just as a cardio tool. They use action and reaction, and rely on sensing each other. Although I am not sure of this, I believe though that both had some instruction from the late Michigami-sensei.

Hi,

I only saw the first 3 minutes but in that time I saw no indication that either judoka practiced a style that was similar to Michigami sensei? I am certainly not saying these judoka where not taught by sensei but that is not how I was taught those particular techniques for uchikomi. Michigami sensei had some very unique and distinctive entries for his waza.

I saw on or two actions I believe Michigami sensei would frown upon.

Just my initial observations.

Mike

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:00 pm