E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum


+2
Ben Reinhardt
Cichorei Kano
6 posters

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 864
    Location : the Holy See

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:42 am

    These guys are some tough cookies !



    By the way, did you notice anything special ? You never see them eat ! They probably were doing all this without breakfast or lunch.

    This is actually the 'soft' part of their training since as you can see, they all still survive. If you want to experience the ugly part, you should afterwards as a foreigner go to their dojo. You will have a special one-time experience, with the emphasis on "one-time" ...
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt


    Posts : 794
    Join date : 2012-12-28
    Location : Bonners Ferry, Idaho, USA

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by Ben Reinhardt Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:25 am

    Those cant' be Koreans...I didn't see one being slapped!
    afulldeck
    afulldeck


    Posts : 377
    Join date : 2012-12-30

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by afulldeck Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:22 am

    Cichorei Kano wrote:These guys are some tough cookies !



    By the way, did you notice anything special ?  You never see them eat !  They probably were doing all this without breakfast or lunch.

    This is actually the 'soft' part of their training since as you can see, they all still survive. If you want to experience the ugly part, you should afterwards as a foreigner go to their dojo. You will have a special one-time experience, with the emphasis on "one-time" ...

     Indeed they are. That's tough training. Are you suggesting that they only eat once a day? Is that typical affair for the Koreans?
    avatar
    IgorRG


    Posts : 8
    Join date : 2013-05-25

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by IgorRG Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:21 pm

    TOUGH!
    avatar
    Old Chestnut


    Posts : 35
    Join date : 2012-12-31

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by Old Chestnut Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:41 pm

    Ben Reinhardt wrote:Those cant' be Koreans...I didn't see one being slapped!

    IMHO At the bit where the trainer slaps the judoka's stomach, you could see some hesitation, especially initially, as if the trainer were trying to think of how to hit in a manner that would be fine to capture on video.
    contrarian
    contrarian


    Posts : 63
    Join date : 2013-04-28

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by contrarian Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:59 am

    Ben Reinhardt wrote:Those cant' be Koreans...I didn't see one being slapped!
    you are right. they can't be koreans.
    i witnessed a slapping session in person a long time ago. after a loss in a team event, the entire team lined up and the coach proceeded to do the needful, one by one, right to left.
    contrarian
    contrarian


    Posts : 63
    Join date : 2013-04-28

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by contrarian Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:09 am

    the little known secret to korean judo is that they actually only let twins get involved with competitive judo.
    if one of the twins is tired or injured half way through a tournament, the other twin competes instead. they are very crafty.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano


    Posts : 1948
    Join date : 2013-01-16
    Age : 864
    Location : the Holy See

    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by Cichorei Kano Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:19 am

    contrarian wrote:the little known secret to korean judo is that they actually only let twins get involved with competitive judo.
    if one of the twins is tired or injured half way through a tournament, the other twin competes instead. they are very crafty.
    How can you be sure that one did not trick the other by being in fact part of ... triplets (without the knowledge of the other) ?  It seems to me that the plot is thickening ...

    Sponsored content


    Korean Judo Team Olympic Training Empty Re: Korean Judo Team Olympic Training

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:37 pm