E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Brian Jacks auctioning medals for charity

medo

Brian Jacks auctioning medals for charity Empty Brian Jacks auctioning medals for charity

Post by medo Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:58 pm

Brian Jacks a legend british Judoka selling his medals to raise funds for charity.
    http://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auction-catalogues/sportingold-limited/catalogue-id-srspor10020/lot-4aebc94d-ef57-4da6-bc58-a4d1010ff05a
    medo

Brian Jacks auctioning medals for charity Empty Re: Brian Jacks auctioning medals for charity

Post by medo Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:10 pm

I always thought Brian was an 8th dan could be wrong though?
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Brian Jacks auctioning medals for charity Empty Re: Brian Jacks auctioning medals for charity

Post by Jonesy Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:32 pm

medo wrote:I always thought Brian was an 8th dan could be wrong though?

See: http://www.worldmacalliance.com/world.asp
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:33 pm

Apparently Brian was not even invited to the London Olympics by the BJA despite being our first judo Olympic medallist.
    medo

Post by medo Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:21 am

Thanks for altering reads better.

I remember watching Jacks in my youth at a British open. He brought Judo to the general public through his performances in Superstars I remember cheering him on with those dips, thinking I want to be that strong so yes I was inspired by him and so were many others seems that the BJA has forgot him.

Great shame I suppose because he has spent most of his time in Thailand he has not contributed to the BJA to receive any subsequent grades.

Gives an idea of what devotion to Judo and your country is worth monetarily wise at that level.

Hope he achieves that and more in the auction I will watch with interest, maybe the BJA will dip into its deep pockets and buy the historic medals? who knows......

But at least I have brought it to the attention of the Judo forum and lets hope its a good outcome for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:47 pm