E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Kōdōkan Shochū-geiko 2013: Matsumura Shigeya-sensei’s (88 years old) newaza clinics

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Kōdōkan Shochū-geiko 2013: Matsumura Shigeya-sensei’s (88 years old) newaza clinics Empty Kōdōkan Shochū-geiko 2013: Matsumura Shigeya-sensei’s (88 years old) newaza clinics

Post by Cichorei Kano Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:56 am

The charismatic Matsumura Shigeya-sensei, 8th dan and 88 yrs old and one of the few remaining Kôsen sensei teaching during the Kōdōkan summer training which has just finished. Matsumura-sensei was a student of late Takagi Kyōichi-sensei 9th dan, but also learnt newaza from the late Kojima Shigenori-sensei, 8th dan.

Ryvai
    Ryvai

Kōdōkan Shochū-geiko 2013: Matsumura Shigeya-sensei’s (88 years old) newaza clinics Empty Re: Kōdōkan Shochū-geiko 2013: Matsumura Shigeya-sensei’s (88 years old) newaza clinics

Post by Ryvai Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:57 am

I was privileged to attend Matsumura-sensei's Ne-waza class during the shochu-geiko of 2012, and I must say. He is a brilliant and charismatic man. For his age of 88 he moves in ne-waza better than you would expect. He is flexible as a 20 year-old still (Matsumoto-sensei's words heheh) Very Happy

I recommend for anyone to watch the youtube video's of matsumura, he is truly a wizard in ne-waza. Also note Patrick Bigot in the video, he is also a brilliant Judoka with a lot of knowledge Smile

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 1:39 pm