E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese)

finarashi
    finarashi

scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese) Empty scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese)

Post by finarashi Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:20 pm

One study that looks at effect of strangulation

http://www.scielo.br/scielo.php?pid=S0004-27492009000300011&script=sci_arttext
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese) Empty Re: scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese)

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:28 pm

finarashi wrote:One study that looks at effect of strangulation

The article made my eyes pop.
    finarashi
    finarashi

scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese) Empty Re: scientific article on strangulation (in portuguese)

Post by finarashi Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:33 pm

Cichorei Kano wrote:

Your answer made me sigh.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:48 am

finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

I couldn't just leave it.

Seriously, the article is a welcome addition. As far as I am aware, though it is something I have thought about, there is no previous paper published on this topic. Thank for posting it, I did not yet know of its existence. It expands the data we so far had on shime-waza.
    beyondgrappling

Post by beyondgrappling Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:07 am

google translate?
    ccwscott

Post by ccwscott Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:33 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

Seriously, the article is a welcome addition. As far as I am aware, though it is something I have thought about, there is no previous paper published on this topic. Thank for posting it, I did not yet know of its existence. It expands the data we so far had on shime-waza.

I know there's been at least one other. Though I can't read the article so perhaps it's referring to something more specific, but there was a study done on dogs some time ago. Written by a japanese guy, I seem to recall he was in charge of the Kodokan newsletter, but I haven't talked to the guy in 10 years so I may be remembering incorrectly.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:28 am

ccwscott wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

I know there's been at least one other.  Though I can't read the article so perhaps it's referring to something more specific, but there was a study done on dogs some time ago.  Written by a japanese guy, I seem to recall he was in charge of the Kodokan newsletter, but I haven't talked to the guy in 10 years so I may be remembering incorrectly.

On the effect of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure ?

What do you mean about "there was a study done on dogs some time ago" ? There are studies being done and being published on dogs all the time. I was obviously talking about studies of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure, when I said that I was not aware of other studies published on 'THIS' topic (not on 'OTHER' topics, obviously).
    ccwscott

Post by ccwscott Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:13 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    ccwscott wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:
    finarashi wrote:
    Cichorei Kano wrote:

Finarishi,

I know there's been at least one other.  Though I can't read the article so perhaps it's referring to something more specific, but there was a study done on dogs some time ago.  Written by a japanese guy, I seem to recall he was in charge of the Kodokan newsletter, but I haven't talked to the guy in 10 years so I may be remembering incorrectly.

On the effect of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure ?

What do you mean about "there was a study done on dogs some time ago" ?  There are studies being done and being published on dogs all the time. I was obviously talking about studies of jûdô chokes on ocular pressure, when I said that I was not aware of other studies published on 'THIS' topic (not on 'OTHER' topics, obviously).

A study done on the effect of Judo chokes on dogs. There was no indication in the OP that the study had anything to do with ocular pressure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 pm