E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Vladmimir Putin Instructional Video ! - "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin"

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Vladmimir Putin Instructional Video !  - "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin" Empty Vladmimir Putin Instructional Video ! - "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin"

Post by Cichorei Kano Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:49 pm

An instructional video (in Russian) is available featuring Vladmir Putin as your Judo Instructor !  Sounds like Obama will have to gear up, and merely "de-friending" Putin on his Facebook account to retaliate in the Snowden Affair is not very likely to make Putin cry. Perhaps a duel between the two of them on a Judo Mat ?

News article here:  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/08/vladimir-putin-judo_n_3726370.html

You can find the 82-minutes lasting freely downloadable video here:

The video was apparently produced in 2008 and is dowloadable, but is an 144 Mb file.

Caveat: Yes, of course the news paper is totally cliché, and yest naming the video a "Putin-instructional video" is a bit of a stretch as really he mainly appears at the start of the video providing some background and the technical judo is demonstrated mostly by others, such as Tamerlan Tmenov and other Russian champions. Still beats "Obama's Instructional Video" though ...

And, let's not forget, there is also some unique footage there of a couple of Japanese champions (for example, Inoue Kôsei is prominently present) demonstrating techniques, some footage which is a first, such as for example, Yamashita demonstrating uki-waza (26'30"), a technique not typically associated with him. Putin himself does demonstrate some techniques but you have to wait until around the end of the first hour of the video.

Even if the video may not be the very best instructional video, it is worthwhile looking at it in its totality just for the footage. What detracts from the experience though is the monotonous and absolutely boring Russian voice-over, which reminds of the Cold War period and is not up to present-day expectations for modern commercial media.

And as can be expected from a Russian video, nobody smiles, that is ... EVER !!
    seatea
    seatea

Vladmimir Putin Instructional Video !  - "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin" Empty Re: Vladmimir Putin Instructional Video ! - "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin"

Post by seatea Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:22 am

Just how good is Putin's judo?
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Vladmimir Putin Instructional Video !  - "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin" Empty Re: Vladmimir Putin Instructional Video ! - "Learning Judo with Vladimir Putin"

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 am

seatea wrote:Just how good is Putin's judo?
    Have you ever imagined how it would feel to be injected with Polonium-210 or otherwise disappear without a trace? Maybe those wisely skipping your question have ...

Putin stares down Chuck Norris just by using his eyes, and when he pees in the toilet bowel he creates so much thrust that he doesn't even have to flush the toilet afterwards ...
    contrarian
    contrarian

Post by contrarian Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:27 am

i remember reading he won the Moscow city championships.

there's some more info here, although it doesn't quite go into specifics of what he won exactly.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/08/vladimir-putin-judo_n_3726370.html

Last edited by contrarian on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun Aug 11, 2013 6:09 pm

You watch the video and make your own assesment.
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:13 am

finarashi wrote:You watch the video and make your own assesment.
    I remember finarishi. He was a good guy. But then, he suddenly disappeared. No one has ever heard from him again. Some have said he moved to Papua New-Guinea to go live there in the bushes. He will be sorely missed ...
    seatea
    seatea

Post by seatea Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:26 am

Cichorei Kano wrote:
    Have you ever imagined how it would feel to be injected with Polonium-210
    I suppose that could be called an example of minium effort, maximum effect.

finarashi wrote:You watch the video and make your own assesment.
    In all honesty I've not been impressed. Not that his judo bad, it's just not what I expect from such a high dan (8th IIRC). Of course maybe my expectations are off; my contact with such high grades is limited and those I do meet are typically too old to randori.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:13 pm