E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
Davaro
JudoPortal
6 posters

Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

JudoPortal

Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014) Empty Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

Post by JudoPortal Wed Aug 14, 2013 3:35 am

In the specific forum all fans of judo can deposit their opinion on controversial phases of the biggest  Judo fights.
    Also, users have the ability to upload their own videos and ask the opinions of other users and referees who are registered in this forum. Starting from today with a really strange decision from:
    Grand Slam Moscow 2013  -73kg VAN TICHELT (BEL) - REKHVIASHVILI (GEO)  
    Tell us your opinion:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/forum/referees-corner/

Last edited by JudoPortal on Fri May 09, 2014 3:56 am; edited 8 times in total
    Davaro
    Davaro

Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014) Empty Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

Post by Davaro Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:53 pm

I dont agree with the ippon score.

However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM
    JudoPortal

Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014) Empty Re: Judo Referee’s corner in Judo Portal (New 08 May 2014)

Post by JudoPortal Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:12 pm

hey Davaro,
    I agree with you and is clear ipon for GEO.
    I would appreciate if you make your comments inside the specific post:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/grand-slam-moscow-2013-73kg-van-tichelt-bel-rekhviashvili-geo/
    Thank you in advance
    davidn

Post by davidn Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:18 am

Davaro wrote:I dont agree with the ippon score.

However, before the throw happened, I believe blue executed a "grapevine" with his foot/leg preventing being thrown and this could have resulted in HSM
    Why would be HSM? I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

Not sure about the ippon, I will leave that to the experts.
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays

Post by nomoremondays Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:03 pm

davidn wrote:

Why would be HSM?  I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

not an expert, but davaro is right, the 'grapevine' is not allowed, and hasn't been for a while.
    but i think, its not a HSM but a bad decision.
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:31 pm

ho nomoremondays,
    I would appreciate if you make your comments inside the specific post:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/grand-slam-moscow-2013-73kg-van-tichelt-bel-rekhviashvili-geo/
    Thank you in advance
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:54 am

Today you can see the second phase:
    Grand Prix Amsterdam 2011
    -81kg ELMONT G. (NED)-NIFONTOV (RUS)
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/judo-grand-prix-amsterdam-2011-81kg-elmont-g-ned-nifontov-rus/
    davidn

Post by davidn Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:02 am

nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:

Why would be HSM?  I thought you were allowed to do that if you were not attempting kawazu gake?

not an expert, but davaro is right, the 'grapevine' is not allowed, and hasn't been for a while.
    I can't find it in the rules. I found two things remotely mentioning it:

Hooking one leg between the opponent’s legs unless simultaneously attempting a throwing technique is not considered to be the normal Kumikata and the contestant must attack within 5 seconds or the contestant will be penalised with “Shido”.
    and then in the clarification for kawazu gake I found:

Techniques such as Osoto-gari, Ouchi-gari, and Uchi-mata where the foot/leg is entwined with opponent’s leg will be permitted and should be scored.
    so it seems that as long as you're not doing kawazu gake, it should be allowed? Can you find some other mention that I have not?
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:25 pm

hi everybody.....
    I made this section and i will add all those kind of judo phases.....but i would appreciate if all of you make your comments in the section of the link i gave you.
    Thank you in advance
    TakiS Vakatasis
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:06 pm

Thank you George (Greek Judo Coach) ......i will be there:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/forum/referees-corner/
    davidn

Post by davidn Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:22 am

JudoPortal wrote:hi everybody.....
    I made this section and i will add all those kind of judo phases.....but i would appreciate if all of you make your comments in the section of the link i gave you.
    Thank you in advance
    TakiS Vakatasis
    Why can't we discuss here? Why do I want to go to a discussion forum to go to yet another discussion forum? (we have moved from topic of video anyway, maybe i'll make another post somewhere else where every other response isn't to go talk about it someplace else)
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:44 pm

hello Davidn,
    The reason is very simple.......i just publish here the link of my site.....there you can see the video and there also you can comment right away.....why are you wondering ''why'' anyway everyone can do anything he wants.....no problem at all Smile 
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays

Post by nomoremondays Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 am

davidn wrote:
    nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:

I can't find it in the rules.  I found two things remotely mentioning it:

Hooking one leg between the opponent’s legs unless simultaneously attempting a throwing technique is not considered to be the normal Kumikata and the contestant must attack within 5 seconds or the contestant will be penalised with “Shido”.

Techniques such as Osoto-gari, Ouchi-gari, and Uchi-mata where the foot/leg is entwined with opponent’s leg will be permitted and should be scored.
    so it seems that as long as you're not doing kawazu gake, it should be allowed?  Can you find some other mention that I have not?
    Hi Dave, sorry i missed your reply earlier. i think i was not clear in my reply. its not a HSM worty action by itself, but a penalty action if done too much. not sure wher exactly it is in the rules though.
    Ben Reinhardt
    Ben Reinhardt

Post by Ben Reinhardt Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:41 am

nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:
    nomoremondays wrote:
    davidn wrote:

I can't find it in the rules.  I found two things remotely mentioning it:

so it seems that as long as you're not doing kawazu gake, it should be allowed?  Can you find some other mention that I have not?
    Hi Dave, sorry i missed your reply earlier. i think i was not clear in my reply. its not a HSM worty action by itself, but a penalty action if done too much. not sure wher exactly it is in the rules though.  
    Kawazu Gake is a specific throw, not simply the act of using the kawazu action as part of another recognized throw, like Ouchi Gari, Osoto Gari, Uchi Mata.

In Kawazu Gake, tori and uke are facing the same direction, with uke behind tori. Tori performs the kawazu action on one of uke legs, then throws himself directly backwards onto uke, normally throwing himself (tori) at the same time. This is a very dangerous act towards uke. Don't try it at home!

This (Kawazu Gake) is specifically forbidden in past and present Kodokan and IJF competition rules.
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:53 am

Watch the phase below, Vote & Comment:
    http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/world-judo-championships-rio-2013-o100kg-jaballah-tun-el-shehaby-egy/
    Fritz
    Fritz

Post by Fritz Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 am

Nice stuff, "blue" seems to have forgotten that there is a fight and an opponent,
    its the right punishment for his complaining theatrical gesture...
    goodjob
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 pm

I agree with you, this is the right....but what about ''fair play''?
    In such a high level judokas!!!
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:05 am

http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/world-judo-championships-rio-2013-66kg-dragin-dimitri-fra-shikhalizada-aze/
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:14 am

http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/european-judo-championships-juniors-sarajevo-2013-semifinal-100kg-strueber-ger-tushishvili-geo/
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:27 am

http://www.judo.com.gr/forums/topic/grand-prix-tashkent-2013-70kg-kudarova-dinara-kaz-matniyazova-uzb/
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:21 am

http://judo.com.gr/forums/topic/50472/
    JudoPortal

Post by JudoPortal Fri May 09, 2014 3:58 am

http://judo.com.gr/forums/topic/european-judo-championships-montpellier-2014-semifinal-60kg-mudranov-beslan-rus-safarov-orkhan-aze/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:09 pm