E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Kenji Tomiki Sensei

Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Kenji Tomiki Sensei Empty Kenji Tomiki Sensei

Post by Judo Dad Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 pm

I would like to see any video clips or pictures of Tomiki Sensei demonstrating Aikido posted. Especially those relating to his time in Australia.
    Ouch_that_hurts
    Ouch_that_hurts

Kenji Tomiki Sensei Empty Re: Kenji Tomiki Sensei

Post by Ouch_that_hurts Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:29 pm

Here please allow me!
    http://bit.ly/13nF87m

Laughing

Sorry I had to! Smile

Judo Dad wrote:I would like to see any video clips or pictures of Tomiki Sensei demonstrating Aikido posted. Especially those relating to his time in Australia.
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:31 pm

I was very fortunate to meet Kenji Tomiki Sensei during his visit to the Victoria Police Cadet Academy in 1977. Tomiki visited with his wife and one of his leading students, Mr. Fumiaki Shishida. As part of his visit he was a consultant on police restraint and control techniques. I was a very young man indeed, a yellow belt Judoka. The encounter left a lifetime impression on me. Kenji Tomiki was a kodokan instructor and the founder of Shodokan (Tomiki Style) aikido. Tomiki was one of the early students of Jigoro Kano and his style of Aikido bore a close relationship to traditional Kodokan Judo. In 1929 he represented Miyagi Prefecture in the first judo tournament held in front of the Emperor and forunner to the All Japan Tournament. He was awarded 8th dan in aikido in 1940 and 8th dan in judo by the Kodokan in 1978. Tomiki was instrumental in developing a type of randori for Aikido and is known for his role in developing the Kodokan Goshin Jutsu Kata.

I would be very pleased if any Forum Users were able to post anecdotes, photos etc regarding Tomiki Sensei's time in Australia. No trolls please Smile.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:53 pm