E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

AM and Lunch Jiu-Jitsu classes

Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

AM and Lunch Jiu-Jitsu classes Empty AM and Lunch Jiu-Jitsu classes

Post by Tai-Jutsu Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:31 pm

Over the years I have heard of the practice in BJJ schools of holding weekday AM and Lunch time classes.

So if any of you here do them, I'd like some feedback, please.

What times do you train in either of these?

How long are the sessions?

Are they flexible to where they run over a a long stretch, with the expectation that people will come in and out a different times do to schedule?

Thank you much!
    afulldeck
    afulldeck

AM and Lunch Jiu-Jitsu classes Empty Re: AM and Lunch Jiu-Jitsu classes

Post by afulldeck Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:24 pm

I've been running day 'lunch' classes for years. The key word with day classes is flexibility. Flexible with appointed commencement and not take late arrivals or early exits as an affront against you. Judoka need to be allowed to come and go as they please or can because it is the business day. Flexible in your teaching material since it is likely you will have white to black belts in class. Flexible in your teaching style since sometime you might only 1 student, other times you might have a whole class. You need to show a single student the same enthusiasm that you would have for a full class.
    Tai-Jutsu
    Tai-Jutsu

Post by Tai-Jutsu Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:19 am

^^^ Thank you very much for your response.Smile 

Thats what I though about having to be easy about when people enter and leave class and to be flexable as to attendence and exper. levels, with both Lunch and AM classes.

And I am totaly fine with that durring the day.

I have 2 guys that have no choice to come late to our eve. classes. I'd rather they come train than pull some Kung Fu Temlple stuff and have to wait at the edge of the mats. (Because in the USA they just go home and you don't see them again after a time or 3 of that.)

If your going to do this as a way or the way to put food on the table, clothes on your kids and a roof over everyone's heads, I figure you have to actually work and not just think that your going to rake in the money with a few weeknight classes and a Saturday AM.

I figure weekday AM and unch classes might get people to Saturday's class. 1 time a week is not enough, so they dont join but 1-2 AM and 1-2 Lunch classes a week (not to mention privates and SD classes) and they just might join up. Offer a free week and get them in and let the instruction and art do the rest.

I am looking forward to hopefully do it soon. I have a meeting that will help determine that. :-)

A former JF memebr runs a first class pro Dojo and hour south of me, his dojo seems to be good and strong and true to all the stuff the people on this forum say they feel is Judo and he's got other offerings. He aint doing babysitting. Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:51 am