E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Who here is familiar with the Russian combat system "Unifight" ?

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Who here is familiar with the Russian combat system "Unifight" ? Empty Who here is familiar with the Russian combat system "Unifight" ?

Post by Cichorei Kano Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:31 am

"Unifight (or Universal Fight) is a competitive training system with military applications. The competition is formed of two consecutive stages: the first stage is an obstacle course with close quarters battle - any missed obstacle disqualifies the contestant; the second stage is a bout of full contact hand to hand combat." (...) (from Wikipedia)

It appears to include full contact ring fights, knife throwing and firing weapons, and apparently is also "recommended" by its founder for children age 10-11.

The system's founder was Sergey Novikov and I wonder if that is the same Sergey Novikov who was a judo start in the 1970s.

I have no idea about its popularity but it seems that enthusiasm for Unifight is concentrated mostly in Russia and surrounding countries

See also:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unifight

A scholarly paper was just published focusing on the axiological, ethical and utilitarian benefits of UNIFIGHT. According to the paper Unifight is the most comprehensive combat sports and is allegedly "rapidly developing in many countries" and the 2009 World championships had participation from 40 countries.

Pdf download

Thoughts ?
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Who here is familiar with the Russian combat system "Unifight" ? Empty Re: Who here is familiar with the Russian combat system "Unifight" ?

Post by Ricebale Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:42 am

I've recently been to Russia for Sambo training and am going back there this weekend.

These alternative systems are not as popular or as skilled as the marketing makes out. For instance Systdma is something of a running joke. I'll ask about this.

Cheers
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Who here is familiar with the Russian combat system "Unifight" ? Empty Re: Who here is familiar with the Russian combat system "Unifight" ?

Post by Ricebale Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:47 am

And now I've actually read the link Smile

Australia has a similar thing devoid of the fighting, it's a military style exercise competition.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:50 pm