E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Incredible samurai sword skill display

Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Incredible samurai sword skill display Empty Incredible samurai sword skill display

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:06 pm

still learning

Incredible samurai sword skill display Empty Re: Incredible samurai sword skill display

Post by still learning Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:36 pm

The title says it all, I'm speechless.
    Kaji
    Kaji

Incredible samurai sword skill display Empty Re: Incredible samurai sword skill display

Post by Kaji Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:27 pm

I don't need to repeat how amazing that was.

What I'd like to add is about the final technique display - zantetsu-ken, or the iron-cutting sword. Without knowing much about Japanese kenjutsu one might not fully appreciate the significance of this and think that this demonstration pales in comparison with the BB pellet cutting one.

Back in the old days in Japan, the ability to cut through metal is an important goal and milestone for many kenjutsu schools. Zantetsu-ken grants one the ability to, amongst others: 1) cut through and therefore effectively ignore the opponent's armour; and 2) sunder the opponent's weapon. Priceless in any close quarter battle.

I know there is a koryu kenjutsu school that has as one of its curriculum milestones a technique whereby the swordsman cuts a metal helmet in two, in mid air, after it is thrown.

Yes, that's epic level swordsmanship.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:39 pm