E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+4
Jonesy
Hanon
genetic judoka
Taiobroshi
8 posters

Reformatting Kata subform display?

Taiobroshi
    Taiobroshi

Reformatting Kata subform display? Empty Reformatting Kata subform display?

Post by Taiobroshi Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:19 am

I understand that kata is very very important, but for those of us who access JO on a mobile device the amount of scrolling is really annoying. Maybe they can be displayed a different way, with space economy in mind?

-Ben
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Reformatting Kata subform display? Empty Re: Reformatting Kata subform display?

Post by genetic judoka Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:30 am

Taiobroshi wrote:I understand that kata is very very important, but for those of us who access JO on a mobile device the amount of scrolling is really annoying. Maybe they can be displayed a different way, with space economy in mind?

-Ben

I changed the formatting. no idea if it'll look good on a phone though. let me know if it helps.

other mods, if you don't like what I did let me know and I'll change it back.
    Hanon

Post by Hanon Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:39 am

Step by step is the way. Take things easy with trial and error.

I think it great Dew and his group of mods have made this forum and started something positive from what became an awful mess. I don't agree we should look backward and this nice new forum could replace the old JF without all the new problems? Its my hope.

I do agree the massive amount of subject headings was getting OTT. But its early days and we, as members, need to give the workers here time to sort things out. One for Aikido and BJJ why not karatedo, kendo and iaido etc, where does one stop?

Got to say it....why not combine the self defence and MMA into the other MA forum? that would save three headings and please do remember this is a judo forum. I have yet to visit a football form and see a section on cricket and V a V etc... Still I will work with what I have.

Mike
    Jonesy
    Jonesy

Post by Jonesy Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:45 am

Taiobroshi wrote:I understand that kata is very very important, but for those of us who access JO on a mobile device the amount of scrolling is really annoying. Maybe they can be displayed a different way, with space economy in mind?

-Ben
    Structure will be invaluable once this Forum grows and more content is added. I do not wish to see it changed.....
    nomoremondays
    nomoremondays

Post by nomoremondays Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:06 am

Hanon wrote:I do agree the massive amount of subject headings was getting OTT. But its early days and we, as members, need to give the workers here time to sort things out. One for Aikido and BJJ why not karatedo, kendo and iaido etc, where does one stop?

Got to say it....why not combine the self defence and MMA into the other MA forum? that would save three headings and please do remember this is a judo forum. I have yet to visit a football form and see a section on cricket and V a V etc... Still I will work with what I have.

Mike

I agree with the sentiment here.
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:00 am

I view this in classic mode on an iPhone, works well as enjoy seeing the spread.

Having collapsed or combined threads means opening the sub sections to see if there is anything of interest.

There will be issues of over coverage for people who believe Judo to be a narrow view activitity and such a forum should be for narrow focus Judo. I can see merit in this however things such as mma and Bjj would likely begin to pollute the pure judo topics if they did not have pastures of their own to graze in. The unfortunate realscape is that any male under 30 years old likely participates in Judo as an interest in those two things.

By example I could likely run an entire forum on no-gi judo as I am quite passionate about that however I'm fully aware that such a thing is a heresy to some others, happy to keep a respectful distance via seperate threads.

And mark my words No-Gi Judo is going to be a big thing in near future!! Smile

Cheers
    ThePieman
    ThePieman

Post by ThePieman Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:00 pm

Hanon wrote:Step by step is the way. Take things easy with trial and error.

I think it great Dew and his group of mods have made this forum and started something positive from what became an awful mess. I don't agree we should look backward and this nice new forum could replace the old JF without all the new problems? Its my hope.

I do agree the massive amount of subject headings was getting OTT. But its early days and we, as members, need to give the workers here time to sort things out. One for Aikido and BJJ why not karatedo, kendo and iaido etc, where does one stop?

Mike

Agreed,

Not sure what we're going to achieve with these other martial arts subs, there are plenty of other places to go to find info on these, no doubt of a much higher quality than here; we're judo folk! affraid
    Judo Dad
    Judo Dad

Post by Judo Dad Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:45 pm

ThePieman wrote:

Mike

Agreed,

Not sure what we're going to achieve with these other martial arts subs, there are plenty of other places to go to find info on these, no doubt of a much higher quality than here; we're judo folk! affraid

+1

Well said
    Ricebale
    Ricebale

Post by Ricebale Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:22 pm

Judo Dad wrote:
    ThePieman wrote:

Mike

Agreed,

+1

Well said

On consideration I actually agree, the MMA/aikido/Bjj/etc are a bit out of whack with the remainder.

Section such as:

Judo Newaza
    No-Gi Judo (aka freestyle judo, it does exists like it or not)

Are possibly more relevant to local content. Surely in those other arts anything that is Judo applicable or originated could be covered in general discussion or another Judo related forum topic.

As an aside the competition video section is useless, anything a forum member posts something the Judo Portal dude will spam 7 new topics of international matches to push it down from my previous observations.

Cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 28, 2024 12:59 am