E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

Japan 2nd at World's Police and Military Competition - Moscow

NBK
    NBK

Japan 2nd at World's Police and Military Competition - Moscow Empty Japan 2nd at World's Police and Military Competition - Moscow

Post by NBK Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:12 pm

The Japanese team to the International Judo Tournament
    for Police and Army Forces held in Moscow Apr 5, 2014, comprised of 5 police judoka led by Yamamoto of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police University, was runner up behind the Russian Police.

1st bout (second round) Japan Police 5 - Russian Dectectives 0

2nd bout (third round) Japan Police 3 - Crimea 2

3rd bout (fourth round) Japan Police 4 - Russian Security Forces 1

4th bout (final) Japan Police 0 - Russian Police 5

http://www.judo.or.jp/p/32622
    BillC
    BillC

Japan 2nd at World's Police and Military Competition - Moscow Empty Re: Japan 2nd at World's Police and Military Competition - Moscow

Post by BillC Fri Apr 18, 2014 3:09 am

NBK wrote:The Japanese team to the International Judo Tournament
    for Police and Army Forces held in Moscow Apr 5, 2014, comprised of 5 police judoka led by Yamamoto of the Tokyo Metropolitan Police University, was runner up behind the Russian Police.

I didn't know that Crimea was part of Russia now. I thought it belonged to the Ottomans ... but then again I have not been keeping up on my world news lately.
    NBK
    NBK

Japan 2nd at World's Police and Military Competition - Moscow Empty Re: Japan 2nd at World's Police and Military Competition - Moscow

Post by NBK Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:33 pm

BillC wrote:
    NBK wrote:The Japanese team to the International Judo Tournament

I didn't know that Crimea was part of Russia now.  I thought it belonged to the Ottomans ... but then again I have not been keeping up on my world news lately.

Well, I decided not to comment on that bit... after staring at it for 10min or so. But, I just reported it the way it was written.

And, you gotta think that the AJJF reported it within days, or hours, after.... or maybe before ... . ... . .. the effect.

Tough all the way 'round....

NBK
    overthehill

Post by overthehill Fri Apr 18, 2014 2:45 pm

does japan ever send their top guns to these tournaments?
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sat May 17, 2014 11:09 am

I can't imagine anyone would risk their A players in something like this, can you?
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sat May 17, 2014 3:58 pm

NBK wrote:I can't imagine anyone would risk their A players in something like this, can you?  

Are we sure the "Crimean" team was not just more Russians in green judogi?
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sun May 18, 2014 6:51 am

BillC wrote:
    NBK wrote:I can't imagine anyone would risk their A players in something like this, can you?  

The Crimea is predominately ethnic Russians. I would bet their security and police services are very much dominated by Russians.
    BillC
    BillC

Post by BillC Sun May 18, 2014 2:52 pm

NBK wrote:
    BillC wrote:

The Crimea is predominately ethnic Russians.  I would bet their security and police services are very much dominated by Russians.

You are just bound and determined not to have a dark, warped sense of humor about this, aren't you?
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Sun May 18, 2014 6:10 pm

If there was police then it is good that crime put out their A team.
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sun May 18, 2014 7:25 pm

BillC wrote:
    NBK wrote:
    BillC wrote:

The Crimea is predominately ethnic Russians.  I would bet their security and police services are very much dominated by Russians.

You are just bound and determined not to have a dark, warped sense of humor about this, aren't you?
    。。。。。。。
    overthehill

Post by overthehill Mon May 19, 2014 11:12 am

other than kato, the police don't have any players getting much international experience.
    they do have some athletes on the national team that don't have much opportunity to compete abroad.
    i would think theyd want to allow some of these athletes the experience of competing against international competitors.

all of the athletes who went have achieved far more than i ever came close to in my competitive judo days, but a few of them dont really place all that well even at the police only tournaments.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:54 pm