E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+15
NYCNewbie
GR3G4
nomoremondays
Ragster
JudoTerrier
judoratt
Stacey
Ben Reinhardt
Dutch Budo
ThePieman
JudoStu
Hanon
sodo
genetic judoka
Quicksilver
19 posters

Blind randori

Ro
    Ro

Blind randori - Page 2 Empty Re: Blind randori

Post by Ro Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 am

I've done some blind randori before. I loved practicing this way it defiantly improved my judo. It's not a bad idea especially when you wanna notice your bad habits as well. The problem is it can be very dangerous at times. Someone really needs to be watching.

If you are having trouble getting to that next step in your training this might be an good idea to try.
    Angelven
    Angelven

Post by Angelven Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:50 pm

I try to do a lot of blind ukemi - when we are practicing foot sweeps ukemi for example, with a uke jumping up and down and tori just sweeping the legs out under you, I normally close my eyes - only problem is I can, as you all state, REALLY feel tori deciding to sweep me on this jump :-)

I've never tried blind randori but when just trying to figure out how to do a throw or getting thrown, it's been a great help actually.

Blind newaza - hmmm... I think we have to try that :-)
    Cichorei Kano
    Cichorei Kano

Post by Cichorei Kano Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:37 am

I used to make use of this approach particularly in teaching pre-adolescent groups, where it was sufficiently safe and remarkably effective. Before moving to blind randori, we first practised a lot of blind yaku-soku-geiko and kakari-geiko.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 1:11 am