E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Irvine Judo Club

oc_judo_guy

Irvine Judo Club Empty Irvine Judo Club

Post by oc_judo_guy Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:39 pm

Hello fellow Judoka,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the (irvinejudoclub.com)Irvine Judo Club in Orange County? They are supposed to have advanced classes on Thursday and Saturday and was thinking about checking it out, but wanted to see if anyone had any experience there. Any feedback would be great. Also, is $70 dollars a month for Judo considered expensive? I know they have 4 classes a week, but I am probably only able to make a couple a week.

Thanks!

Judo_Guy
    Stacey
    Stacey

Irvine Judo Club Empty Re: Irvine Judo Club

Post by Stacey Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:42 pm

$70 a month for Orange County? Sounds pretty reasonable for 4 classes a week, even if you're not able to make it. This is their website, right? http://www.irvinejudo.com/

I'm not horribly familiar with CA judo, but I'm familiar with Daniel Lee, and he's respected. I see some people I know in his pictures - very well respected instructors, coaches, refs. He's USA Judo, USJF, Nanka - those are the things I'd look for for a start. His schedule is online, and things seem to be very transparent, which is also good.

Here's what I'd do - I'd go and watch a class, or call up and take a trial class and see what it's like. If you're ready for advanced classes, make sure you bring your USJA/USJF/USA Judo membership with you, and you probably already know what makes a good school, and what you really need in a school and whether they meet your needs.

Give it a try.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:13 pm