E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Taking notes after class

beans10

Taking notes after class Empty Taking notes after class

Post by beans10 Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi guys,

I've been training for about 9 months now and am just feeling like im starting to get into my groove, however now that I am becoming familiar with more and more techniques its starting to feel really overwhelming trying to remember it all. I had the thought of keeping a judo journal or something, writing down what I learned in class etc.

I was just wondering if you or anyone in your academies take notes/write down what you learned in class. Do you find it beneficial to review and revisit it later? Is there a good way to effectively detail techniques or organise your thoughts?

Thanks for the advice!
    noboru
    noboru

Taking notes after class Empty Re: Taking notes after class

Post by noboru Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:15 pm

I think, that writing short notes is very good.. Lot of senseis from different budo recommend it.

I made and make it. Memory is not good, but if I write short notes after class, I can records more of my senseis advices or my own findings. When I go to next class is very good read the advices from last class. I will know what I have to improve.
    If I have the same notes in some records from classes, it shows me what I did not learn correctly...
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi, I used to do this for many judo years.
    Since I live in a city, and get back home on the Subway after practice, I took that time to write “Judo Notes”. They are quite minimalist, and straight to the point.

I record mostly technical stuff, like which techniques we worked on, their key points, their counters and/or combinations.
    Later on, I also started to record interesting taïso / complementary exercises, sometimes even the Class structure, if it came out “different” or particularly satisfying.

Too rarely, I also record “enlightening” moments, if something suddenly clicks… thumbup1

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:41 pm