E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Internet purchases labelled as "Gifts"

Carlos Graña

Internet purchases labelled as "Gifts" Empty Internet purchases labelled as "Gifts"

Post by Carlos Graña Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:14 pm

I'm interested in purchasing some judogis especifically the amount of 2 one blue and white. I've read on other forums that you can request that the seller have them sent to you and labelled as "Gifts" in order to save paying Customs tax in your country. What are the pro and cons of this? I'm planning to purchase from an well known online store not E-bay. So the site these goods are posted on are from the seller itself, I will be not be avoiding in seller and buyer fees charged on web sites. The store will get their money and shipping costs, so I can assume there is no risk or loss for them. I've spoken to my country's customs office and they will charge a 27% tax rate on imported goods.

Any experiences on this matter?
    NBK
    NBK

Internet purchases labelled as "Gifts" Empty Re: Internet purchases labelled as "Gifts"

Post by NBK Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:50 pm

I understand from others, not personal experience....

Many businesses will not mark their goods 'gifts' as they are falsifying a government form, and they fear their government more than they want Carlos' pesos. You're asking them to break someone's law.

If you have a contact in that country, you could have it shipped to them, that person could wear it once, and ship on as 'used goods' or 'gift'. You pay for shipping twice, but there you go.

NBK
    BillC
    BillC

Internet purchases labelled as "Gifts" Empty Re: Internet purchases labelled as "Gifts"

Post by BillC Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:03 pm

NBK wrote:I understand from others, not personal experience....

Many businesses will not mark their goods 'gifts' as they are falsifying a government form, and they fear their government more than they want Carlos' pesos.  You're asking them to break someone's law.  

If you have a contact in that country, you could have it shipped to them, that person could wear it once, and ship on as 'used goods' or 'gift'. You pay for shipping twice, but there you go.

NBK  

Yes, by all means have your friends bring books, bricks, bars of gold, spent uranium and a midget circus with them in their luggage when they visit you from overseas ... Rolling Eyes
    NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:43 pm

BillC wrote:
    NBK wrote:I understand from others, not personal experience....

Many businesses will not mark their goods 'gifts' as they are falsifying a government form, and they fear their government more than they want Carlos' pesos.  You're asking them to break someone's law.  

NBK  

Yes, by all means have your friends bring books, bricks, bars of gold, spent uranium and a midget circus with them in their luggage when they visit you from overseas ... Rolling Eyes
    Quit your complainin' - you're lucky the magic pony already came early!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 2:50 pm