E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

Naname-Uchi: Osoto-Gari or Osoto-Otoshi?

classicschmosby

Naname-Uchi: Osoto-Gari or Osoto-Otoshi? Empty Naname-Uchi: Osoto-Gari or Osoto-Otoshi?

Post by classicschmosby Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:52 am

In the Kodokan videos and textbook the finishing technique of Naname-Uchi is Osoto-Otoshi but in my copy of Kodokan judo it is described as Osoto-Gari. Osoto-Otoshi is also not in the gokyo in Kodokan judo. Is this a mistake or was there a change of technique at some point?
    wdax

Naname-Uchi: Osoto-Gari or Osoto-Otoshi? Empty Re: Naname-Uchi: Osoto-Gari or Osoto-Otoshi?

Post by wdax Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:59 am

It must be o-soto-otoshi. If you find o-soto-gari instead somewhere, it´s simply a mistake.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Naname-Uchi: Osoto-Gari or Osoto-Otoshi? Empty Re: Naname-Uchi: Osoto-Gari or Osoto-Otoshi?

Post by finarashi Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:40 am

classicschmosby wrote:In the Kodokan videos and textbook the finishing technique of Naname-Uchi is Osoto-Otoshi but in my copy of Kodokan judo it is described as Osoto-Gari. Osoto-Otoshi is also not in the gokyo in Kodokan judo. Is this a mistake or was there a change of technique at some point?
    Osoto-otoshi can be found in Kodokan pages. It can also be found from Daigo's book.
    You are right that osoto-otoshi is not in the current gokyo in Kodokan judo, but it was in the old gokyo untill the revision in 1920. Osoto-otoshi was in the group 4 as throw 9.

My guess is it was not considered sufficiently different to be studied by those on their way to obtain 1 dan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:42 pm