E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

Judoka Quarterly - new online judo mag

NBK
    NBK

Judoka Quarterly - new online judo mag Empty Judoka Quarterly - new online judo mag

Post by NBK Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:57 pm

Great stuff!  New judo mag, Judoka Quarterly.  http://judokaquarterly.com  

The editor advises me they're giving away the first issue, which I highly recommend.  Great interviews, a very interesting history piece etc. This issue includes:

• Yamashita Yoshitsugu’s Judo Journey to America - Murata Naoki, head of the Kodokan library, chronicles the experiences of Yamashita Yoshitsugu, who Kano sent to America as one of the first judo teachers abroad. Murata describes why Kano chose Yamashita as well as Yamashita’s experiences in Washington DC where...

A Bohemian Tale: The Journey of Lukas Krpálek - JQ profiles 2014 -100k World Champion Lukas Krpálek. From a small town in the ice hockey crazy country of the Czech Republic, Lukas used his newaza skills to win bronze medals in the Paris and Rio world championships before breaking through with a gold medal in...

The JQ Interview: Ezio Gamba - In our cover story, Ezio Gamba gives a far-ranging interview about growing up in Italy, his experiences in Africa and Russia, his relationship with Vladamir Putin and how he became the coach of the Russian team. He also shares his views about weight management and how...

To get your first issue of Judoka Quarterly, follow the below:

1) Go to zinio.com and register
    2) type "judo" in the search box
    3) click on the cover image and start your download

For you budding writers, I bet they can use good materials (in English for now, I guess).

I tried to upload the front page, too big, some very good photos therein.
    noboru
    noboru

Judoka Quarterly - new online judo mag Empty Re: Judoka Quarterly - new online judo mag

Post by noboru Fri Dec 18, 2015 6:49 pm

Nice content. Thank you for info and for manual for getting this issue.
    noboru
    noboru

Judoka Quarterly - new online judo mag Empty Re: Judoka Quarterly - new online judo mag

Post by noboru Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:02 pm

I liked interview with Ezio Gamba, he told some very interesting sentences. For example part about religions/national/geographical groups in russian national team and how he solved these problems.

Next interesting and very nice article (for me) is "How the Application of the Principles of Judo Contribute to Society" from Mike Callan ( http://www.judospace.com/about-us/who-we-are/dr-mike-callan/ ).
    The second and third chapters "Principle of maximum efficiency" and "Principle of mutual benefit" are very nice and there are very nice and easy explanations. These chapters could be nice to give them more publicity for judokas.

But I dont understand the note in first chapter  "Principle of softness". The author wrote about reasons in international competition judo in recent years.
    "As we all know teh techniques of judo enable a smaller person to utilise the opponents own power to throw him in sectacular fashion, thus demonstrating the principle that Softness overcomes Hardness. Indeedm it is this drive to show the spectacular throwing technique of judo that motivates many of the rule changes to international competition judo in recent years. The implementation of the rule changes are a desire to demonstrate the fundamental principle of softness overcoming hardness, the principle of ju enshrined in the first kanji of name judo."

I dont understand which rule changing are in concrete with this sense?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:19 pm