E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+8
GregW
Steve Leadbeater
tafftaz
cokiee
judoclimber
finarashi
Udon
Allen
12 posters

New. Terrified. Fat. And now a black belt.

Allen
    Allen

New. Terrified. Fat. And now a black belt. Empty New. Terrified. Fat. And now a black belt.

Post by Allen Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:34 am

All,

Many of you used to post at the old judo forum before it was totally ruined. Six years ago there, I made a post that I was starting judo and the title was "New. Terrified. Fat." when I introduced myself.

To close the circle, I'd just like to let you all know that after six years of hard work, many competitions, much volunteering teaching at the club, helping referee tournaments, coach players, and help with dojo running/business items, I've been awarded my black belt.

I'm still too fat! I'm however no longer new, and certainly no longer terrified. If anything, the journey has massively improved my life, confidence, abilities, and attitude in almost all things. What a blessing Judo has been in my life, and I'm so glad I stuck out the journey the whole way. Now, I've completed the first part of my Judo journey, and I look forward to continuing it for many, many years to come as I actually begin to learn Judo.

Thanks for all of you who gave me advice in the real world and on the forums over the past 6 years.
    Udon
    Udon

New. Terrified. Fat. And now a black belt. Empty Re: New. Terrified. Fat. And now a black belt.

Post by Udon Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:25 pm

Good for you
    finarashi
    finarashi

New. Terrified. Fat. And now a black belt. Empty Re: New. Terrified. Fat. And now a black belt.

Post by finarashi Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:22 pm

Congratulations, people can change their destiny by hard work.
    judoclimber

Post by judoclimber Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:10 pm

congrats! You are awesome. Most people who start Judo don't have what it takes to get to black belt. It's something to be proud of, that you made it happen.
    cokiee

Post by cokiee Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:47 am

Congratulations! You are now a serious student of Judo - continue to learn, and as you do, keep giving back (:

PS: What was the grading like where you are?
    tafftaz

Post by tafftaz Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:57 am

Hi Allen. I was one of the first posters to reply to your original post.
    This is great news. All I can say is congratulations on this fantastic achievement.
    Now the fun starts Smile
    Steve Leadbeater
    Steve Leadbeater

Post by Steve Leadbeater Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:46 am

Well done, and as I always used to say on the old forum.............

Wear your Kuro Obi with pride, and just a little bit of Humility.
    GregW

Post by GregW Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:06 pm

Congratulations! I'm sure your sensei is very proud.
    Y-Chromosome
    Y-Chromosome

Post by Y-Chromosome Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:32 am

Congrats.

Seems to me I remember you from the old forum.
    I remember reading in Yasuhiro Yamashita's book that his parents got him into judo to lose weight, which didn't work but they were still pleased with the results.
    Also seems to fit with what Douglas Adams wrote:  "I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

Just for you, the Judo Québekistan, "So now you're a black belt.. what's next poster"
    BB poster

Do keep training.  There's no finish line to this path but the journey is a hoot.
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Sat Dec 10, 2016 12:45 am

Allen wrote:I'm still too fat!  I'm however no longer new, and certainly no longer terrified.
    Ah, I remember that one. Best topic title ever, that was. Very Happy

Congrats, and keep up with judo. bounce
    maddrifter

Post by maddrifter Sun Dec 31, 2017 10:54 pm

congratz!
    sodo
    sodo

Post by sodo Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:39 am

Congratulations, Well done cheers

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:54 pm