E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+2
judo66
Gus
6 posters

Last time Teddy Riner got thrown ?

Gus

Last time Teddy Riner got thrown ? Empty Last time Teddy Riner got thrown ?

Post by Gus Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:39 pm

So Teddy Riner beat Harasawa Hisayoshi by a shido - I havent seen the match properly but from what I saw it was by no means a clear victory. I know Riner hasnt lost a match in years - but what I am wondering though is - when was the last time Teddy Riner was thrown at all - for wazari for example ? Has he had any other close calls ?
    judo66
    judo66

Last time Teddy Riner got thrown ? Empty Re: Last time Teddy Riner got thrown ?

Post by judo66 Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:32 am

If i'm not mistaking it was in 2010 against Kamikawa.
    finarashi
    finarashi

Post by finarashi Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:25 am

Gus wrote:So Teddy Riner beat Harasawa Hisayoshi by a shido - I havent seen the match properly but from what I saw it was by no means a clear victory. I know Riner hasnt lost a match in years - but what I am wondering though is - when was the last time Teddy Riner was thrown at all - for wazari for example ? Has he had any other close calls ?
    IMHo the first two shidos were right calls that I would have made at same place. HH was gripped and his only defence was to drop down to all fours and bow his head Smile
    Teddy has enormous gripping power and now when it is not anymore possible to use two hands to free opponents one hand Teddy is very hard to beat.
    If you want to see the match in the competition video's there is the link to site that has final.

cokiee

Post by cokiee Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:00 am

Being completely opposite in timing to Rio I just rewatched the finals on youtube, and I too agree that Harasawa deserved the shido. That said, kudos to him for playing a smart game, which unfortunately ended up with very little real attacks.
    Anatol

Post by Anatol Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:02 am

Last time Teddy Riner was thrown with a score was Olympic Games 2008 by Tangriev (yuko).

Riner also lost to Muneta and to Bianchessi before - but I don't rememeber the score.

Contest against Kamikawa was in Golden Score decided by shido or hantei for Kamikawa

and Teddy was a sore loser.

http://www.judoinside.com/judoka/32265/Teddy_Riner/judo-matches
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:10 am

judo66 wrote:If i'm not mistaking it was in 2010 against Kamikawa.
    Yes, that's right. Kamikawa throwed him thrice with sasae tsurikomi ashi or harai tsurikomi ashi, but he landed on his chest, so it was a no score.

Anatol wrote:Last time Teddy Riner was thrown with a score was Olympic Games 2008 by Tangriev (yuko).
    I don't remember, how was the throw?

Anatol wrote:Riner also lost to Muneta and to Bianchessi before - but I don't rememeber the score.
    True, but with Bianchessi was very young, and years later he defeated Bianchessi.
    Against Muneta, he was defeated, but I dont' recall throws, I remember Muneta dominated him technically without looking for big thrown, sending him on his knees and bringing to the ground.

Last edited by Emanuele2 on Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
    Anatol

Post by Anatol Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:42 pm

I was wrong.

Riner was beaten by Tangriev in the third minute of golden score by shido.

Muneta didn't throw Riner, won by shido or hantei, therefore Grim Vuijsters is the candidate but I think, judoinside has the score wrong, because Tedd Riner was third in Hamburg 2008, winning the bronze medal match against Tölzer in the last minute with O soto gari.

I have to ask Bianchessi about his win against Riner in 2007.

In general you know what is coming,

if a 17 year old teenager at 6 feet 8 inches and a bodyframe for 300lbs can beat Dennis van der Geest and with 18 years Inoue and Tmenov in heavyweight category.

How should anyone beat this young man when he is in his prime between 21 and 28?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:46 pm