E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

4 posters

"the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906

judoclimber

"the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906 Empty "the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906

Post by judoclimber Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:29 pm

The Secrets of Jiu-jitsu by Professor Re-Nie. 1906. MIght be an interesting read for some. from 'De Braco', a guy at an online BJJ forum:

"Re-Nie was the original blue belt enforcer, he wrote this book capitalizing on his international exposure after winning a NHB match held in Paris on 1905-10-26 ,against savateur George Dubois. Re-Nie studied in London under Yukio Tani and Taro Miyaki,of the Handa style of jiu-jitsu, which was a style based on prize fight style techniques, and at the time the Kodokans greatest rival. The kodokan began integrating ne-waza much more after loosing a duel meet challenge led by an student of Handa named Mataemon Tanabe, who would later inherit the mastership of a traditional koyru style, which causes a lot of confusion yet to this day. I translated this in my spare time, and any errors are completely my fault. Phil from the Linacre school of defence was gracious enough to let me have a copy of the original."

https://www.docdroid.net/eRD1kTP/the-secrets-of-jiu-jitsu-re-nie.pdf.html
    Udon
    Udon

"the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906 Empty Re: "the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906

Post by Udon Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Very interesting. Great job translating. Thank you.
    NBK
    NBK

"the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906 Empty Re: "the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906

Post by NBK Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:52 am

dead link - what's up?
    noboru
    noboru

"the secrets of Jiu-Jitsu" - by Professor Re-nie, 1906 Empty pdf link

Post by noboru Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:11 pm

Try this one:
    http://www.sirwilliamhope.org/Library/DDLR/secretsofjiujitsu_regnier_1905.pdf

About Handa ryu jujutsu is e-budo forum thread
    http://www.e-budo.com/forum/showthread.php?37917-The-Handa-School-of-Jiujitsu-in-Osaka

NBK
    NBK

Post by NBK Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:05 am

Great stuff!
    I provided some of the info on the Handa dojo. And in the intervening decade leanrned wuite a bit more.
    Thank you

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:51 pm