E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

3 posters

What do you think about this ju jitsu demo?

Emanuele2

What do you think about this ju jitsu demo? Empty What do you think about this ju jitsu demo?

Post by Emanuele2 Thu May 03, 2018 7:25 pm

What do you think.

NBK
    NBK

What do you think about this ju jitsu demo? Empty Re: What do you think about this ju jitsu demo?

Post by NBK Thu May 03, 2018 8:28 pm

Seemingly fairly standard Euro jujutsu or 'jiujutsu' offshoot art from Japanese jujutsu.

This sort of thing puzzled me for years, until I found contemporaneous Japanese references to convince me there's a logical historic explanation for their existence. Even the Kodokan and Kano shihan mention them and their origin.

Probably not enough to convince certain 'scientific judo history researchers' and other maniacs, but there you are.

For me, the question is basic: if tori's technique is effective and controls or could seriously injure uke, why does he have to change through a dozen techniques? What did, or what could uke do to neutralize or counter the previous technique? There's no discernible movement at all on uke's part.

And why would you shift techniques while uke is still wielding a knife?

Doesn't make sense in the framework of jujutsu I study.
    Emanuele2

What do you think about this ju jitsu demo? Empty Re: What do you think about this ju jitsu demo?

Post by Emanuele2 Thu May 03, 2018 9:32 pm

NBK wrote:For me, the question is basic: if tori's technique is effective and controls or could seriously injure uke, why does he have to change through a dozen techniques? What did, or what could uke do to neutralize or counter the previous technique? There's no discernible movement at all on uke's part.
    And why would you shift techniques while uke is still wielding a knife?
    It's just a promo demo.
    Jihef
    Jihef

Post by Jihef Thu May 03, 2018 10:59 pm

Emanuele2 wrote: It's just a promo demo.
    Well… you did ask : “What do you think about this ju jitsu demo?”
    Emanuele2

Post by Emanuele2 Thu May 03, 2018 11:36 pm

Jihef wrote:Well… you did ask : “What do you think about this ju jitsu demo?”
    Indeed. A demo is for pubblicity, so it has to display more technique possible. It is not a kata.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm