E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

5 posters

Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt

stijndbr

Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt Empty Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt

Post by stijndbr Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:21 am

Hey guys,

I'm 15 and a half years old and I have a brown belt in Judo.

I would like to start competing in judo, but unfortunately for me the last match I've played is allready 3 years ago. And I've maybe competed in just 10 tournaments/matches. So I've not a lot of experience.

Can some of you help me to start competing in judo? Do you guys have some tactics for me? and what kind of throws are important and where do I have to focus on in my trainings.

I also do crossfit so I'm just allround trained. I'm explosive and if I do randori I wait of what the other person does.
    I'm pretty good in ne waza

If someone helps me out, it would be great!

-Stijn
    noboru
    noboru

Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt Empty more attacks with ashiwaza

Post by noboru Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Hello, it is not easy make advices in this way.

Try to change your way in randori. No waiting for opponent. Try to more attack, try to more create situations for your Tokui waza (favourite technique). You wrote about your good newaza.
    You can try to use more ashiwaza techniques - small risk, you are not passive and it is good for suprising of opponnent and it could be good for your next attacks in newaza.

Sasae tsurikomi ashi, Kouchigaro, Ouchigari, Kosotogari, Deashibarai, Osotogari, Hizaguruma - all these techniques could be good for you in Tachiwaza. Do upright posture in tachiwaza, do more attacks with ashiwaza and continue in newaza.

Try to do it in Randori first, then you can try to do in Shiai.
    ------------------------
    Ask your teacher. He knows you and your possibilities.
    davidn

Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt Empty Re: Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt

Post by davidn Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:55 am

Why don't you just go do what you do and have fun?
    NittyRanks
    NittyRanks

Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt Empty Re: Beginning with competing in Judo with a Brown belt

Post by NittyRanks Wed May 17, 2017 3:10 am

It does take awhile to get better at it as so much happens so much in Judo and attacking is important.
    afja_lm139
    afja_lm139

Post by afja_lm139 Wed May 17, 2017 7:25 am

Well, since I was a brown belt 57 years ago and competed in a number of shiai; if I had it to do over again I would have just stopped then and enjoyed recreational Judo. Just saying.   Sometime during the 1960's a loss of interest in shiai rendered me a minor sensei and then a real sensei later on.  Maybe all the early shiai soured me on Judo so I walked away from it 28 years ago.  Yeah, many fond memories still haunt me.  Smile
    NittyRanks
    NittyRanks

Post by NittyRanks Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 am

Yeah sometimes I have heard of that happening.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:55 pm