E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

2 posters

earliest mention of women in judo?

NBK
    NBK

earliest mention of women in judo?  Empty earliest mention of women in judo?

Post by NBK Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:09 pm

I recently found an article in a stack of materials that may well be the very earliest detailed discussion of women in judo by Kano shihan.

It is surprisingly early, well before the establishment of the women's division in the Kodokan, but well predating some other, unknown (I think) material on teaching women I thought was pretty early.

Some of this surely lapsed into obscurity - there is simply no discussion of it in the standard judo histories.

Kano shihan still has surprises in store, 157 years after his birth.

NBK
    Udon
    Udon

earliest mention of women in judo?  Empty Re: earliest mention of women in judo?

Post by Udon Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:57 pm

Come on, come on, NBK. Give it up. What did he say?
    NBK
    NBK

earliest mention of women in judo?  Empty Re: earliest mention of women in judo?

Post by NBK Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:55 am

Udon wrote:Come on, come on, NBK. Give it up. What did he say?
    I'm just reading it now - scanned it some time ago, but reading now. It's a bit convoluted.

Set against what I know of Kano shihan at the time, and later discussions, it's interesting. There are some obscure bits that I think that have never seen analysis for the intervening xxx years.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 7:45 pm