E-Judo

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
E-Judo

Judo network and forum

+6
Hanon
genetic judoka
BillC
DougNZ
nomoremondays
Ricebale
10 posters

Debut fight for one of my guys

Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Debut fight for one of my guys - Page 2 Empty Re: Debut fight for one of my guys

Post by Glorfindel Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:41 am

DougNZ wrote:
    Hanon wrote:
    Ricebale wrote:Cheers Mike,

I will digest that, a bit of experimentation etc. one reason I post here is to get Judo technical feedback, you have been very helpful.

The use of the pin as an active weapon is under utilised in the combat arts outside of judo and wrestling, just how very exhaustive it is under a good pin cannot be understated IMO.

Regards,

Terry

Hi,

I should have written a caution in my post. What I wrote applies to judo ne waza and the rules do not allow strikes. In MMA you do allow strikes. Would this change the basic philosophy of what I have written above? I don't know as I have never practiced MMA so be careful!

Mike

Strikes change everything. I use strikes to 'drive' my opponent. For example, if I wanted the coiled armlock/ ude garame I could pin my opponent in side control/ yoko shiho gatame and either wrestle his arm into the bent position (poor form) or feint to get him to move his arm into position for me. With strikes, however, I can use top elbow strikes to the head and when he brings his arm up to defend, then I go for the coil. Likewise, to bring his arm back down I use my bottom elbow to his ribs.

Judo and BJJ often plays in the middle ground with weight over and above certain points (e.g. the shoulder). With strikes allowed, groundfighting is no different than the stand-up game; either you are inside range or you are outside range, and anything in between is likely to hurt!

You are so right and i think that ground striking is far from his peak in mma, it's underused. I always tell my guys that a strike is a good way to set-up a sub on the ground.
    Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Debut fight for one of my guys - Page 2 Empty Re: Debut fight for one of my guys

Post by Glorfindel Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:46 am

Congrats for the win of your guy Ricebale!!!!
    genetic judoka
    genetic judoka

Post by genetic judoka Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:00 pm

Glorfindel wrote:Congrats for the win of your guy Ricebale!!!!
    welcome aboard.
    Glorfindel
    Glorfindel

Post by Glorfindel Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:30 pm

genetic judoka wrote:
    Glorfindel wrote:Congrats for the win of your guy Ricebale!!!!
    welcome aboard.

Thx GJ!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jul 27, 2024 6:41 pm